Ahrma Season Opener

tony283

the 2009 AHRMA season opener kicks off at AZ Cycle Park with a 2 Day event on 7/8 Feb. Get the snow off the trailer and start planning. Friday night has the Off Road Banquet with the 2008 Awards and then 2 days of trialing with 10-12 sections a day. If you haven't been before its mainly sand with some good climbs including the "Graded Hill" and there may be a bit of mud as well. Plenty of flat parking for big rigs on a good hard surface.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

For those coming to Buckeye (AZ Cycle Park) there is an in depth Preview of the 2 Day event and some pictures of the 24 provisional sections that we may use over the 2 days. Great parking and don't forget the Banquet on the Friday night. All the details on my "Blog" under "BUILDING BUCKEYE"

Tony

Now there is food for thought! If you read the "New" adjusted rules section in the AHRMA handbook it appears you can ride in as many classes as you like providing you pay the entry fee for them, so in theory you can ride in one class and claim points in others even if you don't ride, and or, don't even, have a machine eligible for the class....... which of course clears up any problems from last year!! I think the rules must have been written by a lawyer.

..... and of course AHRMA can, probably will, as they did last year, change the rules before, during, and after the event/season as they see fit? Perhaps there is a shortage of Championship Jackets....... not that I'm bitter!

Tony

Here we are in Az, weather perfect for Trials, though personally not enough mud, about 10 of the 24 layed out already. Last year's Graded Hill was lost to MX but I'll find a NEW one and we do have some new rocks/concrete/busted blacktop for those that don't like sand. I'm thinking we could get a 50+ entry so come on down and join the fun. For those riding MX on Sunday we will extend the time limit for the Trial. Please bring some checkers/observers.

Tony

Tony,

If AHRMA would switch to peer scoring you would need a lot less folks to put on an event. I would rather have someone who knows/understands Trials score me than some random person who walks in off the street.

Just my .02

Alan

Alan,

Both systems work well providing everyone is suitably briefed. I can go either way, buddy checking, in small groups can be very sociable and great fun especially if checkers are in short supply, however some riders prefer to circulate at their own pace rather than wait or be called to ride when they personally want to spend longer viewing and walking a section.

Tony