Ty250r Issues

notaddicted

I've recently resurrected my old TY250r.

After cleaning out carb thoroughly and replacing float valve I took it out for it's first ride today.

The engine appears to be racing quite a bit. I've adjusted the throttle idle screw so that it is ticking over nicely, but when you pull the throttle it takes about 10 seconds to get back to idle speed and sometimes doesn't get back to it at all. To get it back to idle I have had to let the clutch out a bit with the brake on. I'm guessing this could be something to do with air screw adjustment but don't really know. Any ideas?

Also, the clutch appears as though it might be sticking a bit. When letting it out the bike moves slowly but then gets faster. It never appears to fully engage the gears though as the engine revs never quite relate to the speed, especially when going uphill.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by notaddicted

Clean your air filter and change the engine oil. If you can remove check and clean your clutch plates (rough them up with a bit of sandpaper) before the oil change that would be even better. Then see how it goes.

And as previously said check the operation and adjustment of the clutch and throttle cables to make sure the cables are free and smooth.

Edited by tt5th