Wilber Shocks

borus

Hi Copemech

We have not yet fitted the Wilburs into a 09 yet but no doubt it will happen in due course.

As far as to the difference to the std shock it is heaps better in all aspects, and you also have to factor in that this shock is fully rebuildable and serviceable, where

the original shock is not. You have to make sure you keep the shock clean and give it a spray with WD40 or something to try and keep the dirt away from the shock

shaft, as thats what kills the shocks as, as you know the dirt can get in anywhere.

Cheers

Johnny Sherco

Anyone tried cutting a length of old front tube sliding it over the shock like a boot, that should keep the dirt out .

I did Have a TRP on the last 250 sherco I had, I thought it was very good and an improvement over the stock unit, like a dipstick a sold the bike with the TRP on it and not the stock unit.

How does the Wilber compare on price to the TRP or the stock unit ?

Hi All

If you turn your shock upside down you may find that the shock will not work correctly. I spoke to my suspension supplier/repairer and he informed me that

the way the shock is in the new Sherco bikes is in fact the correct way up in the shock world. Also you are right gravity does help to keep the dirt away from

the seal area. He also said that it was very important to keep your bike clean in the area of the rear shock. You will find also that the shock has been fitted

with the seal down because the shocks are what they call emoulsion type of shocks eg oil with high press gas in them as well, so in the normal position as

fitted from the factory all the oil will be at the piston head and the gas at the top, so if you turn the shock upside down then you get gas at the piston head and oil at the bottom

which will cause the shock to not work correctly. I hope that makes sence to you.

The Wilburs shock has the shaft at the bottom, also the rebound adjuster can be got at easily, you will find that the TRP shock is also like this!

Life is full of choices

Cheers

Johnnysherco

What a load of !*$@

Anyone tried cutting a length of old front tube sliding it over the shock like a boot, that should keep the dirt out .

I did Have a TRP on the last 250 sherco I had, I thought it was very good and an improvement over the stock unit, like a dipstick a sold the bike with the TRP on it and not the stock unit.

How does the Wilber compare on price to the TRP or the stock unit ?

A year or so ago, I asked Adrian about the prices. I think the TRP was 650US range, and the Ohlins about 800. A look last week suggested the TRP at about 750 range(gone up)

The link to the Wilber site earlier suggested about 500 EU , although Johnnysherco reported near 900 AU.

I think I would need to ck the rates?

Last I heard, Dabster had a top quality Rieger shock fro the offer, and at a good price. It has a remote res which must be mounted , but a top unit as i understand.

Bottom line, mine still works, and I do not have that kind of dosh to p*** off! Wish I did! :(