Did Dougie Have Any Input On The New Evo?

sir dabs alot

My son collected his evo yesterday and I must admit the more I ride it the more I like it, especially the turning circle for us dodgy hoppers.

No fuel leaks yet, I noticed the carby breathers have splits pre cut in them I presume to eliminate the venturi effect.

Good points: turning circle, ease of access, very stable (like my scorpa), nice and quiet muffler and physically smaller than most other trials bikes.

Dodgy points: crap rear sprocket guard, cheap throwaway front fender, poor fitting of graphics, feeble return spring on rear brake and no heat guard on the exhaust.

Overall the Gara on steroids is definatley an improvement on the Rev3 which was starting to fall behind the GasGas in terms of weight although for 99% of us doesn't matter one bit.

A few quirks I have noticed on the machine include the large holes in the swinging arm plugged with plastic bungs that I doubt will last a few rides? another, the front fender being of a different look and quality to the rear? but it wouldn't be a Beta if it came out perfect first time would it!

Saw an EVO for the first time today. They look WAY better in reality. Very sleek and the fairing which look odd to me in photos looked fine up close. They could have potentially put the CDI box in front of the fairing and extend the fairing. Time will tell if this will be an issue.

The one I saw was a 125 and I had a chance to ride it. Other than having half the power of my 250 it rode great. The front end was a lot easier to move around than the Rev-3. The back end didn't stay as planted as my Rev-3 but that might be a 125 vs. 250 issue more than a Rev-3 vs. EVO issue.

Suspension felt good. It felt soft but never felt as if it bottomed out or too soft while riding.

The bike felt VERY light, maneuverable and flickable. It rode great!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a 250 out today for the first time - bike is awesome - very light - quick throttle response - feels completely different from the Rev 3 - Nuff said . I have posted pics on my website if anybody is interested in seeing some Canadian snow. www.outlawtrials.com