Who Likes Drop-offs?

atomant

This is where Baldilocks needs some help.

I dont mind drops i can jump off its the ones you have to ride down with the front wheel on the ground I hate and often come a cropper on.

A few years ago I sailed over the bars at the Vic Brittain and the observer said I was the only person all day to do that !

so what are the basics so that I can work out what I do wrong ?

I dont mind dropping off things or jumping off its the run up that gets me pinching if abit slippy,nothing worse than a handfull of wheel spin when you need 100% grip. Dropoffs and jumps are one of the few things in Trials that are a 100% cert, you will always do it, gravity takes care of that,staying on is the key :D . I watched Ross make a big jump last weekend accross two grass banks,think he was the only one to do it,one other guy had a go but ended up in a big heap (good effort though) was tempted but it was about a foot to far to be comfy with and off wet grass :blush:

Edited by The Addict

Good ol' gravity! Its been responsible for sooooo many visits to the local A&E :blush:

Oh yes!!!! still got a 4'' plate and 8 screws holding my Collar Bone together after a trip over the bars.

I don't like any downhill now it scares the sh*t out of me :D

Apart from the run down from ''Pap of Glencoe''..........Hell that is one steep hill

Nasty nasty hill is that, I chucked my bike off one bit rather than ride down it :D Not too keen on the Friday morning one either. No idea what the group is called but it can be a right ******* to get to and then the downhill back to the railway crossing is very steep, short but steep!