Electri Horn Help

shercosi

Does any one know what wires to connect an electric horn to on the harness of a 03 290 cos my mot man is fussy and wont let me use a battery powerd one I still have the original lighting kit and handlebar switch have looked at shecos wiring diagram and cannot make head nor tail of it :D

Your MOT tester is wrong the audible warning device (horn) requires to emit a constant note regardless which way it's powered. There is no stipulation that it should run from the bikes' electrical system.

Regs HERE D.

Correct.

I took the lights off my Scorpa for it's first MOT (they don't meet the requirements anyway.) I then plugged a cheap horn into the live headlight wire and used an old kill switch to operate it on the earth side.

Here's an example fo a cheap horn. CLICKY

• 2 weeks later...

AS it turns out chaps the soultion is really quite simple. :rolleyes:

If you remove the tank and have a dig in about in the wires above the radiator you will find 2 wires about 2" long 1 blue 1 yellow which come out of the harness together with right angled spade conectors on end all you need is a 12v horn ideally from a trials lighting kit as the supply is A.C. I have used one from a montesa kit and this gives a reasonable sound.