74 Ty250 Seals

alan_nc

Well I had a wonderful weekend of riding but about 5 minutes before loading her back on the truck I seem to have blown a crank seal. Lot of bottom end noise for awhile and now the carb won't settle on an idle - guess air is getting past the seal on the flywheel side.

Will get bearings and seals this week and start in.

Have never split the cases on a TY250....... please...... anything I should watch out for ...... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Make a note of which way around the clutch push rod is fitted when it comes apart. It is shaped differently at either end and the manual doesn't state which end goes which side.

I've no idea what happens if it is fitted the wrong way around (if anything) but something to watch out for. I guess it's fair to assume that if your clutch has been working ok, the way it is fitted now is correct.

Sorry i forgot to log the numbers but measure the id of the seal or od of the crank then size of outer then thickness (these are usually on the seal in this order in mm ) use a good vernier caliper and the two seals are different. Perhaps someone here could have the sizes written down

Dave