Best Bike To Start With ?

kevc

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but I need some advice, I'm 46 yrs old and weigh 16 stone, I have road raced and competed in events such as the worlds fastest wheelie record and hold a couple of records, I'm retiring from the road and have my bike up for sale currently, Im torn between a Gas Gas and Beta 250 to start my Trials initiation, I have messed about on Trials bikes donkeys years ago on the fields near where I live but have never competed, are there any major differances betweeen the 2 bikes if so what are they please.

p.s I'll be looking at a 2002 -2003 bike.

Hi Kev,

I ride both but I prefer my Gasser for 'competing' (more surviving than competing) simply because I've had more peg time on it than the Beta. Saying than the Rev3 is growing on me apart from the left hand kicker which really does my head in at times.

I would never recommend one over another as it's normally what feels best for the individual but as a starter bike the Beta would probably be the best bet?

Or a Scorpa or a Sherco ............etc. They're all good in my opinion, get something and get out there and enjoy.

The choice is yours and will normally be dictated by price and condition........have fun.

GJ ;)

Both bikes have their faults (they all do ) but you will forgive this if the bike is suited to you and you get a good ride out of it.

What I'm saying is ,like others have said, try 'em out,

One bike will suit you more than the others.

I bought by 2000 Sherco 2.9 based on the following criteria.

It felt and rode better than the 1995 Fantic Section that I had.

It was available

It was relatively cheap compared to the other 3 or 4 bikes available.

After test riding a few bikes over the past few years now I am considering a gasgas 300 when and IF I can afford a newer bike.