Clake Fitted To 4rt

oz thumper

;):D Bloody hell Nige got a sense of humour for Christmas :):lol: ....welcome to the ****-take brotherhood, Mr Dabster!

Careful, I think hes serious, Im sure hes in the president of the ****- give brotherhood so would he be eligable for your chapter Ham?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Careful, I think hes serious, Im sure hes in the president of the ****- give brotherhood so would he be eligable for your chapter Ham?

We accept all those that have seen the light....even Nige.

I still think it was un-characteristically funny ,all those photos set up for a p*** take ;) ( Apologies to whoever it was aimed at ).

Since when has pointing out the limitations or disadvantages of a device been arrogant. I had a 4rt and the last thing I would consider doing to it would be taking away the foot brake pedal. As i reasonably put above I have no doubt that it works well but its a bit strange that you seem unable to even consider that there is a fundamental flaw in the actual operation of the thing in trials. I am assuming that it is a crossover product and not designed initially for trials? You don't have to eat ****e to know it tastes bad, ditto this product.

Best thing is you send me one and I'll try it out in a proper trial and practice and give everyone an honest independant view, and trust me I will be fair.

It's unfortunate that topic's set in this forum have to put up with such personal attacks from a certain few, rather than concentrating on whether this product is good for a few or not.

Nigel,

In answer to your question I would say that it appears arrogant when making statements about something you have not experienced, particularly when your initial comment was a straight "This is a non starter" in response to the advice that those who have tried it have found it beneficial in trials. "Who is Matt Newland" in response to noting that he had won the A grade Vic and Tas titles, "In spite of or because of" and finally suggesting that Scorpa should send you one so that YOU can give everyone an honest and independant (sic) view. Now if that is not arrogant I don't know what is, it implies that my view is neither honest or independent and I see that as personal.

I had been ultra polite as the picture you had on your posts showed your bike on what I thought was your huge front lawn, and believed that you were one of the landed gentry and insolence could have me transported to the UK for life.

However a Yorkshire mate has told me that was actually a section in southern trials and that I could take the Pi55 without fear.

So thankyou for sharing your inventions with us, they will probably work down south, I was really hoping that you would post a picture of the biggest technical breakthrough you had made with a car battery strapped to your front forks.

In the days of titanium, carbon fiber and weight saving that Miller was advising, that was a stroke of genius.

"It's unfortunate that topic's set in this forum have to put up with such personal attacks from a certain few, rather than concentrating on whether this product is good for a few or not."

I agree whole heartedly !

The facts are that: The inventor is a long standing trials rider who is still competing and enjoying wins in his class over east, it is not a cross over although being used with advantage in many forms of the sport.

The units are innovative and exceedingly well made, they are in limited batch production and so far 23 have been fitted to trials bikes and as far as I am aware nobody has removed or returned a unit.

Of those fitted to trials bikes Owen tells me that 6 people have upgraded to new bikes this year and have obtained new cam sets to suit these machines.

The one indisputable fact is that I have been riding better with the CLAKE fitted and reckon it is great, that is all the original post was advising.

So in response to your only question that I can see was unanswered (because I saw it as a supercilious comment rather than a question) "Will anyone at that price, to make riding more difficult" ?

Clearly NO, those who have tried it have found riding easier and that is why we retain the unit.

Edited by oz thumper

Mine will be better, and I'm working on smoke and mirrors currently to enable me to clean every section..................

(POI) My lawn as you refered to it is actually that well known trials venue near Matlock called Dudwood Farm.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Which is better, Clake or conventional cluth lever and rear brake? There's only one way to find out;

Jezza,

Now that is humorous, I will pay that as a winner.

Point taken, will call a truce with Nigel and stick to technical topics !!!

Hi,

First I've heard of this unit, but after reading the website, I'm very interested. I like seeing new approaches and this looks to be a genuinely useful idea. I agree about the difficulty in using the rear brake to bring back a runaway wheelie on a steep uphill and also find I can't get a brake pedal position that is ideal so I have total control on the brake with a decent foot position on the peg.

I'm interested to hear how you get on with it.

Graham

Second trial of the year and had my first win ever in current grade! Main benefits for me are being able to stop and recover on steep rock climbs without rolling back or loosing balance, better steep downhill control and easier to hop the bike in a section as I don't need my foot on the rear brake.

There is a clip of Matt Newland practicing on his bike I have seen on U tube, not sure if I know how to post the link but will type it in if I can't.