Travis Pastrana

matty

Looks like a lot of fun!

Gee I actually remember when you could ges a MX bike to slide! We had a local practice area with a flat track of decent size that if dry and powdery or grasstrack, you could throw the MX'er into a screaming broadslide off the edge of the knobs, and there was a sandtrack down south of here we could ride as well, right next to the MX!

My old CZ would slide like a speedway bike bout a 4-3 dounshift and a pitch left then wide open in the corners! Get the hot shoe with the MX boots on! Of coures they had probbly less suspension than a modern trials bike. Add I was really p****d to find later that none of this modern crap will slide, really! Seems just set for short corners and bite!

The suspension and geometry of newer bikes with longer travel just does not seem to let it happen like the old bikes! This is something few will recall, yet I can even recall (flattracking) the outside line to win many holeshots in the MX events, as everyone on the insidr had to shut off!

Oh well, things change! :D

Looks like a lot of fun!

Gee I actually remember when you could ges a MX bike to slide! We had a local practice area with a flat track of decent size that if dry and powdery or grasstrack, you could throw the MX'er into a screaming broadslide off the edge of the knobs, and there was a sandtrack down south of here we could ride as well, right next to the MX!

My old CZ would slide like a speedway bike bout a 4-3 dounshift and a pitch left then wide open in the corners! Get the hot shoe with the MX boots on! Of coures they had probbly less suspension than a modern trials bike. Add I was really p****d to find later that none of this modern crap will slide, really! Seems just set for short corners and bite!

The suspension and geometry of newer bikes with longer travel just does not seem to let it happen like the old bikes! This is something few will recall, yet I can even recall (flattracking) the outside line to win many holeshots in the MX events, as everyone on the insidr had to shut off!

Oh well, things change! :D

Who's up for starting a championship ? Trouble over here would be finding a suitable bendy road.