Road Insurance For Events Like The Colmore.

pete_scorpa3

We run three big road trials each year with entries of over 100 riders. The take up of the ACU's optional road insurance for these events is; to be honest, worryingly low!

Please check your road insurance if you ride in road trials to make sure that you are covered whilst riding in a trial on the road. If you are in any doubt, pay the extra

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but it is really important. Please take a look at your policy to make sure that you are covered.

We are quite concerned that riders might be riding in our events and unknowingly are not covered on the road.

Cheers.

We have been working with an Insurance broker to offer advice and assistance to them in order for them to provide an annual policy which recognises that Enduro & Trials machines will be used on the road in some events while travelling between sections etc.

The cover is now available - and the broker knows exactly what we want - and it is with a reputable big insurance name - it also allows you to tax bike etc so I hope it is job done.

Contact is MSM Insurance - 01279 870535 Fax 01279 870636

My renewal is due & I've called MSM for a quote. They're more expensive than my current insurer but taking RTA insurance out for the road based events I do makes them cheaper. They offer third party or third party fire + theft policies. Didn't check up on multibike policy though.

• 1 month later...

they must have heard about your riding ability or summat :dunce:

I've taken out a policy with them, not cheap but it saves me being daft & not paying for RTA insurance, how many more of us do that?

I've taken out a policy with them, not cheap but it saves me being daft & not paying for RTA insurance, how many more of us do that?

Was your quote around that figure then Perce? The girl I spoke to on the phone was surprised at the cost and double checked.

Was your quote around that figure then Perce? The girl I spoke to on the phone was surprised at the cost and double checked.

It was just under