Changing Oils...

shercoman2k8

Finishing off a resto project... 2006 125, what oils need changed.. Engine? Gearbox? Clutch?

Found out it still has the oil from its first service after run in...

Where do I drain the different oils from? Which oils need done? What oils do I replace them with?

Cheers,

Jamie

Well you have to pre mix your oil with your petrol to lubricate the engine, I'm guessing/hoping you already know this. There is no separate engine oil supply. I use recommend Ipone strawberry two stroke oil.

Gearbox oil, you need to remove the bottom engine screw next to the sump plate near the gear lever there should be a sticker saying oil or something next to it. Refill from the other side of the bike through the larger aluminium screw after you've put the drain screw back in of coarse, fill with 450cc of gearbox oil, I use recommend Ipone Box 2.

The Clutch is lubricated by the gearbox oil, it is a hydraulic clutch though so you can change the hydraulic oil I use recommend Ipone dot 4 brake oil.

Check out these Sherco Manuals they explain thing with pictures making it much easier to understand, have a look at "Sherco Setup and Lubrication Guide" for changing the gearbox oil and "Brake & clutch system bleeding manual" for changing the hydraulic oils.

Yeah, I knew about the engine :P Didnt think though, just shoved it up... I use the strawberry stuff already!

Thanks for that... all pretty obvious now, same as every other sherco model... Would atf work? if so what weight and all that?

Thanks again!

Jamie

You really are,,,,,, Scottish? :(

Everyone knows the 50wt ATF works the best!

Edited by copemech

My whole selection of oils are ATF !

Aye, you see! A right tite sscootsman can run that crap as premix as well! Actually, the uused stuff from the local garage works better for the premix, as t'is, it always partially burnt already, all you have to do is finish it off! Does samoke a bit, but not a problem less you are the one behind in the que! :D

Ye can puut the crapin ye furks tou! They dun't care!, Oil ye'r friggin chain with the remains, so ye'r recyclin crap! :huh:

Yeu caneven yews it to spank the monkey if you like, has better lluubricating properties! :D

Edited by copemech

Aye, you see! A right tite sscootsman can run that crap as premix as well! Actually, the uused stuff from the local garage works better for the premix, as t'is, it always partially burnt already, all you have to do is finish it off! Does samoke a bit, but not a problem less you are the one behind in the que! ;)

Ye can puut the crapin ye furks tou! They dun't care!, Oil ye'r friggin chain with the remains, so ye'r recyclin crap! :D

Yeu caneven yews it to spank the monkey if you like, has better lluubricating properties! :)

ATF also stands for Away Tae Ferk.