Froze Up!

sam

I have a 97 GasGas 320 that needed a new top end.

We got as far as pulling the jug off and ordering parts, well we accidently got antifreeze in the bottom end and where unaware that this would turn to cement. Evidently antifreeze and synthetic oil does weird things when it mixes.

So, what should I do? Will we have to split the case or can I fill the crank case with some kind of solution to free things up?

We wondered about mineral spirits, deisal fuel or somthing, Anybody got any Ideas?

sam

I would stay away from mineral spirits because it's hell on rubber (seals).

I'd try some good old gasoline (petrol), but not so much that it will be up to the seals, and let it sit and see if things soften up.

That is, of course, a total stab in the dark, as I've never dealt with this problem.

Maybe you should mix up some of your anti-freeze and oil in a separate container and see what softens it back up.

• 3 weeks later...

wow thats new.

You do have a small screw in the bottom of your case if you were not aware.

It was put there for moments like these.

My main question is how did you find this out? Did you try to crank it over? Are you looking past the crank? Just in case I ever run into this. Knowing my bike it might happen.

Biff