Riding Numbers

highland lassie

At the rate you lot are going, there won't be any.... ;)

Entries closed last Friday, and as of today there are still THIRTY FOUR riders who haven't paid for their places. There are nine unidentified payments in our bank account (listed in a separate topic from last week) so that leaves twenty-five people who haven't paid, but haven't got in touch with us either to let us know their situation.

I can't allocate riding numbers until we know who is riding and who isn't. Well, I can, but it means that you won't all get to ride with your pals! For everybody's sake, can I ask you to do two things :

1. Check the previous topic and if you have paid over the counter at any of the branches listed, get in touch with me to make sure I've got your payment
  2. If you have decided not to enter (or know of anybody who has decided not to enter) it would be good if you could let us know so that we can reallocate your place to someone on the reserve list

All help gratefully received - there's 250 people out there who have paid up and are patiently waiting for their riding number, but until the rest of you do your part we're not getting any closer to that stage.

Thank you in anticipation....rant over!

:D

Sod em HL issue their entries to the reserve list.................if there is one?

Comes back to rules! they know they should have paid by Friday so tough.

I did wonder with the present economic climate whether people would cough up when asked! Its one thing putting your entry form in but it is a different matter to pay for your weeks sport in the Highlands ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, that's the deed done, and those who didn't bother to pay up have been suitably chastised and will hopefully have the manners to tell me in future! :guinness:

Once I'd identified all the payments and contacted all of those who hadn't already been in touch with me, there were 21 places to reallocate. All the reserve riders have been contacted, and the riding numbers have been drawn up on the assumption that they are all taking their place - you can view the entry list on the SSDT website at www.ssdt.org.

There is still a chance that further places will come up before the trial, so if you're not already on the reserve list for these places but would still be interested in starting out on the Monday morning, get in touch.