Gearbox Oil 2003 Txt Pro 250

steve1979

Hi guy's,

I'm doing an oil change on the bike and replacing whatever was in her to AFT, my question is, how much ml of oil do i put back in, some site's say 350cc and others say 500cc and so on. It gets quite confusing, there was only about 350 ish ml that came out, well i'm assuming that because the container i had placed underneath her was in the wrong place and some of the oil is now a nice big stain on the my garage floor. I might leave her to drip into the container overnight. Oh and one gas gas site said 500cc for the 2004 txt pro, are they different somehow?

Cheers

Steve

Hi guy's,

I'm doing an oil change on the bike and replacing whatever was in her to AFT, my question is, how much ml of oil do i put back in, some site's say 350cc and others say 500cc and so on. It gets quite confusing, there was only about 350 ish ml that came out, well i'm assuming that because the container i had placed underneath her was in the wrong place and some of the oil is now a nice big stain on the my garage floor. I might leave her to drip into the container overnight. Oh and one gas gas site said 500cc for the 2004 txt pro, are they different somehow?

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Try about 400cc's and check the sightglass with the bike upright and level. My 02' Pro with the magnesium engine takes 350cc's and the sidecover was changed in 03' and about 400cc's seems to be correct.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that, i'll try that tomorrow. Would you say that the oil should be halfway up the sight glass while upright or nearer the top of the sight glass.

Your advice is always very much appreciated.

Steve

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that, i'll try that tomorrow. Would you say that the oil should be halfway up the sight glass while upright or nearer the top of the sight glass.

Your advice is always very much appreciated.

Steve

I run mine at the top of the sightglass. The main thing is to change it often as the Pro has a fairly small volume case and the trans fluid has to do a lot of extra stuff, compared to a "normal" two-stroke, such as the crank mains and the split trans shaft roller bearings.

Cheers.

Jon

• 8 months later...