Ok World , Fork Oil ?

axulsuv

:guinness: As the application of some TLC to this sweet old bike starts I need a bit of info ...

How much fork oil do they hold in the 30mm forks ??? ...

Still staring first kick and waiting on new cables before I actually take the carb off and clean it !

But all the spokes snugged up and wheels are true after some penetrating oil and patience .

Does anybody still make a good 2.oox21 and a 3.50 x18 tire ? the rock hard OE pirelli's gotta go ! Moulding knubs intact or not ...

and I need some side cover grommets for my 240 and the 50 , 10 total ...

Thanks world , I'll post some photo's as soon as my new usb cable shows ...

(Already modified some od XR100 footpegs tofit as the stock ones were bent a bit ...

Regards , cheers , thanks , etc ...

Glenn

PS. , will the stock spoke on my 240 fit some excel rims I was given correctly , or do I have to spring for some fresh spokes and nipples ?

Edited by axulsuv

Hi Glenn,

if it runs and starts ok, why clean the carby? never touch a running system. The 1,4 inch rim will take a standard 2,75 tyre. Your 240 has a 1,6 inch rim and the difference will cause no problem. Rears are available from Vee Rubber new, look on feeebay Uk.

If no one comes up with fork oil data start at 150ml and see. 10ml more or less will then tell you if you are going the right way. Respoking fantic hubs is not easy. I have put gold 303 rims on some and also a silver tubeless gasgas rim. Whillst the 303 rims just needed 3mm shorter spokes (I ordered 4mm shorter - Doooh!), the angles were good.

The gg rim needs 4mm shorter spokes, see above ;-) but the 36 holes dont line up and some of the spokes bend like an S. Good enough for the girls we go out with....

L

Lee ;

lacing and truing the wheels is not the issue , I've done harley's , honda's , MG-TF's and Jag wheels ... Patience and time and a drawing or photo of the spoke pattern is key ! (or a duplicate wheel to copy :guinness: ) I was just wondering about the nipple seat in the rims . If the Excels and Akronts are the same or close enough to seat correctly . Wanted to build them next weekend as I cracked my rear rim last time out . and these real nice Black 36 hole excels were basicly basically free . (Ok ,so I did a timing belt /waterpump/cam & crank seals on a buddys nissan Quest van , All I did was get him the factory parts @ cost and supply the labor . 2hrs of my time for 2 still in the box rims ? pretty fair deal me thinks !)

I should probably just bite the bullet and order up some nice stainless spokes and nipples and just be done with it ...

Glenn

Glenn, its the spoke seat and angle that I am worried about. measure the rim inside diameter and compare to std. then guesss (good guess) on the spoke length. For sure they will be shorter. Then give it a go. let me know how long and how you got on

lee

Lee , I knew I saw a photo of a Fantic with excels on it somewhere ... The shot is on Chris's website in the 340 section ... I just hope he used the stock spokes and honda spec excel rims ! To the best of my knowledge (which is quite limited ...) The late model hondas lace in the same pattern .

All I can do is try , the lenghts look about right , may just have to trim a bit of spoke off the inside of rim , so I don't give myself flats !

Glenn :guinness: