Oko Or Dellorto ?

jon v8

So which is it for a 240 twinshock,after a frustrating ride today at the Bath classic trial I thought that Jon and I were going to have to flex the plastic. Turns out I dont - I can just blame poor maintenanceof my Yam,(carb full of water and plastic granuals/crud from the Miller tank) but I reckon Jon is the owner of a worn out carb on his 240.So which is best the OKO or the Dellorto ?

So which is it for a 240 twinshock,after a frustrating ride today at the Bath classic trial I thought that Jon and I were going to have to flex the plastic. Turns out I dont - I can just blame poor maintenanceof my Yam,(carb full of water and plastic granuals/crud from the Miller tank) but I reckon Jon is the owner of a worn out carb on his 240.So which is best the OKO or the Dellorto ?

I would go for a dellorto it is easier for the ordinary bloke to set up I believe.

Thanks for that,come on jbeng - get yer cheque book out and get it spent ! See if you can get it sorted for when I get back from holiday and we'll do a bit of practicing before the next trial.(Might even stay off the pop too ! )

:guinness: OKO is the only way to go ! Weekend before last was the first time since I shattered my clavicle last april that I was able to go out and spend some Quality time riding my bike .(besides just playing in my yard ) I went to NC. to help scope out a new venue to hold events , the day after it had rained up there . (North Carolina clay +dead leaves+water makes for a greasy mess ...) The OKO that came from Classic trial last year completly transformed my 240 ! Vastly Improved throttle response , Much more smoother power across the whole rev range , Will idle really , really low and still pull steep slippery climbs in 3rd gear , pulling cleanly all the way . Also found I got improved traction due to a much more controllable throttle . Some of the best $ I've ever spent on a bike mod . Truly shows the time was spent to make it work . Bolt on and ride ... Just make sure your carb to intake rubber is still pliable or fit a fresh one at the same time .

Glenn

Just sripped engine down today on the 240 and found the crank seal clutch side leaking quite bady so that will acount for the engine running poorly when hot.

I am going to replace carb with a OKO and give it a go

Cheers JB

Ah well,at least you know what was causing it to play up.Got mine back together and had a play round at lunchtime - but it needs a good thrash before the next trial.I'll give yer a shout when I get back and see if we can organise that practice ride.Cheers Jon.

Edited by jon v8

Dunno about John,(jbeng) but I'll be having my sun fix in western Australia.Hopefully will be at the dartmoor 2 day,more sober than last time and riding my TY/XT225 - if I ever find time to finish it.