Spen Valley Ras Sport Novice & Beginners Series 2009

svleigh

Hi Folks,

Just to let you all know the Novice & Beginners series of trials at the Spen Valley club have changed this year. There will be a 50/50 route available to help us cater for a wider range of riding ability(see below). Also just for the Novice and Beginners Series a new marking out team will setting out the courses and it is the intention that the trials are to be more friendly to the beginner and younger riders.

the novice/hard route will set out to cater for the novice clubman rider. Inters, experts and top novices that ride the hard route at centre trials will not be finding the route in anyway a challenge.

the 50/50 route is hoped it will help novices that are trying to improve their riding ability without to much of a jump in level, and will consist of competitors riding half of the hard route and half of the easy route (e.g. 8 sections in total, 4 sections the hard route ridden and 4 easy route sections ridden). Riders will ride the easy route unless the section start indicates to ride the hard route.

the beginner/easy route will be set out to cater for the absolute beginner and younger riders. Although not a conducted course, we hope most young riders would be able to cope with the route.

So if you have been to a Spen Valley Novice and Begginers trail in the past and thought it was a little tough, then come back and give this year series a try and see if it's more to your liking. The first trial of the series is at Cliff Lane, Cleckheaton on Sunday 29th of March 2009. I believe the start time will be 11am, but please check the TMX for the start time.

for directions please check the Spen Web site here

looking forward to see you there

Leigh

Edited by SVLeigh

Glad to hear that the 'also rans; are being considered. not all beginners are young or new to the sport so a day out where i can expect to ride the sections not walk through them astride my bike is what i want.

i have ridden the bradford and yeadon begginers rounds so far this year ( first year on a modern after a number of years in p65) and have forund them to be comparable to yorkshire classic clubmans route.

the idea of a 50/50 at this route is ideal as i may be able to ride the easier route i do want to get better ( at 46 its never too late..) the main differences from p65 been the steepness of the climbs and the drop offs and step ups.

i for one will be there if i survive the ilkley grand national the day before.. ( yet to finish after 5 years of trying!! but this year will be different..)

• 2 weeks later...