Totalshells 240! Why Is It For Sale

lee harris

I have the ( very rare) opportunity to buy the trials car of my dreams. Unfortunately a national company has a couple of grand of mine that i cant have back until mid/ late april, that was to be my deposit.

So with my old mums words ( never a borrower or lender be) in my ear something has to go to free up the cash.

i certainly dont expect a couple of grand for the thing but current market value for a resonably sorted well treated bike. if not it can be wheeled back into the garage and i'll have to get really angry with above mentioned company.. ( dont start me i'll explode!!)

better pictures when the sun comes out and the camera is charged, until then the only ones are these that i had on the pooter..

Edited by totalshell

previously i owned a 1927 austin 7 special that i used for a number of years in vscc and atc events as well as navigation rallies and for hill climbs. the chance has come to buy something similar but more exotic that would mean the whole family can have a day out in the countryside other than just dad on his bike.

so with one fell swoop i can have my cake ( the car) and eat it ( keep the mrs happy)

Sorry Andy, quick Austin 7 love-in.

previously i owned a 1927 austin 7 special that i used for a number of years in vscc and atc events as well as navigation rallies and for hill climbs. the chance has come to buy something similar but more exotic that would mean the whole family can have a day out in the countryside other than just dad on his bike.

so with one fell swoop i can have my cake ( the car) and eat it ( keep the mrs happy)

Cool. I used to have the ex-Stanley Mann blown trials Chummy. Had to sell the engine to finance it all unfortunately but after building a normally aspirated engine it was still a bit of a beast. Got clocked by a mate in a Silver Eagle at an estimated 80mph on the way back from the Lands End one year! Bit scary as you could only move the steering wheel about 2mm at a time at that speed!

Getting back to bikes I always found my bike trials skills gave me a real advantage, over other drivers in car trials, in finding grip and using momentum etc.

Good fun but many more

Edited by Wherry

Sorry Andy, quick Austin 7 love-in.

No apology necessary :thumbup:

I'll move it if it gets too far off-topic, but it's interesting and gotta love those old motors. Where can we find out more about these events? Never even heard of them :rolleyes:

Loughborough car club has a summer series near me. There's several classes but most use their everyday saloon car as its pretty much non damaging and i suppose some are company cars anyway! You need to take a tyre pump as its best to let your tyres down a bit for the event. Its hilarious if youv'e not been before, seeing modern cars used for something not intended. I used my mother in laws car once- luckily she never found out,but she did remark the following day that the car seemed to go better.