Ignition Timing

benbeta23

Hi, could anyone tell me how you can adjust the igniton timing, i know you have to remove the flywheel but what's next after that?

Cheers

Ben.

I'm assuming you have a Pro. The static timing is not adjustable as the stator plate is fixed. Some riders have slotted the mounting plate on the Hall Effect Sensor (the magnetic "trigger") to change the static setting.

Jon

Well the problem is that the bike is impossible to start, but once it is started it doesn't choke itself or anything but when it should be starting, it's not doing

I'd offer the suggestion that the difficult starting is not the result of your ignition timing being off.

Often it's a combination of several minor problems, that, in themselves, would not cause the hard starting, but

in combination, will create the issue you're dealing with.

You might start by "tuning up" the electrical and fuel systems and go through the basic checks and adjustments,

such as clean/inspect/adjust the carb carefully (take out all jets, including the starter jet and check them),

drain out old fuel and use fresh premix, check for proper flow through the petcock (and proper operation of

the vent tube, remove/re-attach all connections and ground wires (and that includes the stator plate), install

a new, correct plug gapped to .024". Often, you will not find "The Problem", but you will have eliminated it by

the process.

Jon