Cota 247 Electronic Ignition

greeves

i used to have a cota 247 and also tried to find an electronic ignition......i found a lot of people with useless advice and the man who was ment to be developing a electronic ignition never completed it. i did however come across a man who made his own and it sounded like a lot of work with miling new fly wheels and thats sort

i only saw him the once dunno what happened to him or what happend to the system.

the man who may know is a guy called dave renham who runs bultaco uk he has now however created in motion which covers twinshocks of all makes here is the contact info

Tel: 01784 440033

Fax: 01784 440048

info@inmotiontrials.com

and a link to the web site http://www.inmotiontrials.com/

good luck mate

Hi bultoboy: In fact I know Dave, but never think about him selling Montesa parts. I have a very nice and original 247 and the big headache is the ignition. In fact I never use it because of that. Also know some people trying to sell useless ignitions....

Thanks for your help.

Hi Ross: As you know; the more trials bikes you want to keep ready for competition, the bigger headaches you normally get.

I have actually 9 bikes ready for competition (quite a big headache), all of them with electronic ignitions except this very nice Montesa Cota 247 Mk-3 (the one with the big tank and grey frame, left brake and right gear lever). I love this Pre-72 bike, it is 100% original and never restored, and works soooo good. But only when it is dry or slightly wet. When conditions are tough ignition always fail. I have chequed seals, whires etc. etc. but it is always the same, and really would like to forget about it if I can find an electronic ignition.

I am quite happy with the rest of the bikes I have ready to go (including 4 Bultaco