Thrifty Electric Bike.

andy m

Wahey these 'leccy bikes are starting to look the part..which I think is a big requirement if you want a punter to buy one.

I realise it's a commuter bike but to see one doing some whoops and jumps like the Scorpa traillie video would be good P R.

:hl: We need to see the demo where the rider pops a wheelie just before ''backing'' it into a bend :P .

Never mind the running costs, how much though

It almost seems odd in a way just how far battery technology and motors have changed over time.

As a child, myself and other local kids build flying model aircraft. It was great fun and we built some high performance stuff, all on a control line as we could never afford the remote control units, we just had to build and fly our small units, some of which were not that small, out of balsa and silk. I can recall some having a large wingspan, over a meter, and powerful motors.

Point being, electric was just crap! Best as I recall might briefly power a glider just long enough to get it up before it ran out of power. Most these were free-flight, as they would not lift the weight of the electronics for remote control.

Although I have been somewhat aware for some time, yet not wanting to venture back into modeling, a friend at work got one of these new electric remote planes and I was totally shocked! He had fixed a video cam to it, could survey the entire surroundings for an eternity, including the topless neighbors by the pool, and have it posted for viewing the next day!

Total cost about 300 quid!

How long will it be before Atomant starts charging the employees to hook up at work! Economy of scale is still an issue here, as in the motorbikes, otherwise I would be hopping into my electric plane for a quick 10 minuite jaunt to work for the 17 miles!

They are doing some wierd stuff with the electronic controls as well on these things(such as admitted on the clip) which gets into the realm of pulse power to gain efficiency.

An electric trials bike? Maybe? Yet?

It is just another wierd application at this point! :rotfl:

Edited by copemech