Scorpa Sy250 Shift Lever

veggiedog

I lost the end of my shift lever this weekend. I can make a new one, but I was hoping to get a photo of the original since I can't remember what it looked like. I just need a closeup of the spring loaded tip: anyone with a digital camera and a Scorpa SY250???

P.S. I keep shoving my lever into my magneto cover, and I have already beat the cover back into shape and TIG welded it closed, but I often consider milling a two piece cover from billet on my CNC mill. I could mill a 2 piece cover with a simple flat outer piece made from 1/4" flat aluminum (with a small 'bump' for the crankcase nut), and the remainder of the cover milled from from a thick (1 1/2") chunk of billet to make replacing the damaged outer part easier (think derby cover if you know harleys), and I might be more motivated if there were several people interested in purchasing such a piece. Probably not initially very cheap, but cheap to repair (I would attempt to make the outer cover something anyone could make with a drill press). I could make the 'bump' for the crank screw into the outer cover so that it could be reused on a replacement cover: later, after damaging the new outer cover, the owner would simple need to cut a new outer cover from 1/4" flat stock, drill out the mounting holes, drill out the center hole for the crank nut and tap it, then screw in the nut cover and bolt on the replacement.

Not sure about your case idea, but I have seen folk take a piece 20-30mm long off the knurled end of an old set of bent handlebars and drive/press it on the remaining nub of a lost shifter tip! Works a charm! ;)