Putting The Great Back Into Britain.

cota kid

Well done Alexz and Johnothan will be good to see how they get on in the last rounds stepping up to the next level.

Think the first 3 places are pretty much sorted barring a disaster in the Championship Class, but 4th is a good battle..........Come on Doug :thumbup:

I am so pleased for Alexz and Jonathan as they have both ridden extremely well this year. In fact the better they have ridden the less coverage, certainly in the tmx, they seem to have got. Almost like it is expected of them.

I don't buy the Britain prefers losers or nearly men, certainly since Dougie won his first WTC we have had many youngsters come through and these two are just the latest of what seems to be a long line of great trials talent .

A conversation was relayed to me over the weekend that Thierry Michaud (the Fnm French representative and full time paid overseerer of French lads/extra minder/coach ) wanted to know how we managed to continue with the seemingly endless stream of great British lads. Not too sure what the answer is, just that seeing the lads, not just these two but all of them is just brilliant.

My only concern is converting one into the next Dougie, ie a winner at the top level.

Maybe the answer lies in what the ACU can do, what we could do, or simply who can fund/do themselves.

One thing is for sure if we let Dougie go the same way as Colley, Jarvis and any others who have disappeared from the scene the knowledge advice experience and savvy will be wasted, instead of passed on to our future possible champions.

Alexz has completed another championship as winner, following in the footsteps of Morris, Dabill, Brown. J R has done the same in behind Wiggy and Challoner. These lads can do even better I feel given help advice and support.

One thing is for sure if we let Dougie go the same way as Colley, Jarvis and any others who have disappeared from the scene the knowledge advice experience and savvy will be wasted, instead of passed on to our future possible champions.

Alexz has completed another championship as winner, following in the footsteps of Morris, Dabill, Brown. J R has done the same in behind Wiggy and Challoner. These lads can do even better I feel given help advice and support.

Top post Dabster ! I cant endorse this view enough to be honest :thumbup:

Yer we've had this before.

The ACU don't seem very interested with investing that heavy into Trials.I keep being told there skint. :thumbup:

The run of the mill club rider's arn't to interested in paying more money for there yearly ACU licence or pay anymore money for there club entries to help fund the up and coming lads.

If your a millionaires son/daughter you might have a chance of employing one of our past greats full time.

Yer we've had this before.

The ACU don't seem very interested with investing that heavy into Trials.I keep being told there skint. :thumbup:

The run of the mill club rider's arn't to interested in paying more money for there yearly ACU licence or pay anymore money for there club entries to help fund the up and coming lads.

If your a millionaires son/daughter you might have a chance of employing one of our past greats full time.

I do know the ACU put money in to the lads but its very little when spread around compared to what is spent, and for whatever reason based on doing the European championship.

When Jordi retired he took Adam Raga under his wing and helped him to his first World Championship. How was / is the team funded? Sponsors, Gas Gas, RFME? all of them?

The wealth of knowledge and experience that Doug could pass onto a young protege in a similar role to Tarres is surely an opportunity not to be missed. There was talk of him running a team but I don't know if it was just some wishful thinking. If I was setting the team up I'd pick Alexz but then I am a little biased!!

I'll buy a lottery ticket this weekend and if my numbers come up the funding is sorted - can't say fairer than that!

I may be wrong here but is not the upcoming british crop of talent the best there is in the world right now? I would suggest that if Dougie did choose to take these lads on, there aint a better time to do it!

Edited by AtomAnt