Sy 250 Exhaust Cleaning

nottoogood

We just finished our season here (too hot to ride), so I tore the bike down to do some maintenance and get Boysen to fit some duel stage reeds. Well, to get the reed cage out just about requires removal of most of the spokes!!!!! Anyway, the exhaust is just sitting there and i remember someone stating it should be cleaned? Well this exhaust is not like my 1978 CR 125....how do you clean this thing?

• 2 weeks later...

We just finished our season here (too hot to ride), so I tore the bike down to do some maintenance and get Boysen to fit some duel stage reeds. Well, to get the reed cage out just about requires removal of most of the spokes!!!!! Anyway, the exhaust is just sitting there and i remember someone stating it should be cleaned? Well this exhaust is not like my 1978 CR 125....how do you clean this thing?

well, I'm waiting for replies to cleaning of exhaust myself.

I'm interested in a set of boysen reeds also....is there a certian product number I should quote to get one ??

so, a bit tight in there huh ??

boyeson is making some now...they have my reeds as a template. You can call them now and ask for them...they are too new to have a part number!

As for how tight it is...notbad once you remove the fender, tank, shock, exhaust, coil, rectifier, some other electrical thingy, master cylinder, ................................................

boyeson is making some now...they have my reeds as a template. You can call them now and ask for them...they are too new to have a part number!

As for how tight it is...notbad once you remove the fender, tank, shock, exhaust, coil, rectifier, some other electrical thingy, master cylinder, ................................................

wow...so, they actually are making a custom set of reeds for you ??..or seeing if theres an existing set that will work ?

let me know what kinda difference the reeds make , so I can decide if its worth all this trouble ...Thanks .....massso