Delorto Carb On 280 Txtedition

bowershall

Hi

I am having a little problem with my 2002 TXTedition 280. The engine can be very slow to return to idle. Sometimes it does not idle properly, cutting out.

After removing and cleaning the carb it runs better but soon returns to the previous state. On stripping the carb again it seems to be clean. If I build it up then start it, it runs ok for a while.

Any ideas?

New airfilter, plug fitted. Checked for air leaks at manifold and base gasket etc.

Gordon

Edited by bowershall

Sounds like you have an air leek,or in other words ,the engine is getting air from somewhere else than the carb.

Most common place is ignition side crank case oil seal,remove cover and check for oil in the ignition area,you may have to remove rotos and stator to be sure.

Other area to check is reed block for sealing.

Benz.

Thanks, will check crank seal. Have already checked the reed valve block etc.

Just seems strange that after cleaning the carb, it runs ok for a while. I think that if it was the crank seals, then carb cleaning would have no effect.

Gordon

Hello Gordon,

It may be due to a partially blocked petrol tap, petrol cap vent not working, fuel filter clogged in the DellOrto carb, throttle slide sticking, or maybe you have vent pipes on the carb vents that are connected together and not venting to atmosphere. Does sound like mag side oil seal though you say the motor is fine for a while after the carb is cleaned out, have a check on the above.

Bye, PeterB.