Txt Front Forks

scotty97

Just stripped down my front forks off my 1999 txt270, wish i had known about the SMELL that comes out. ha ha. i stripped them in the toolroom in work and now everyone is asking where that horrible smell is coming from. i'v had to hide them out the back. ha ha. i've wiped most of the parts clean but does anyone know what i can flush the other parts out with??? maybe pertrol or parafin or something??????????

well im changing the oil to get a bit more rebound, iv totaly strip them so i,l prob change the seals bn as the forks r apart. Anyone know wot oil i should use? Im 13 and half stone.

"Im 13 and half stone"

I'm sure that some readers in the U.S. thought you were a very young teen bragging about smoking dope. :thumbup:

For readers on this side of the pond, a "stone" is the same as U.S. 14 lbs and at about 189 lbs body weight,, I would think that 315cc's of 5-weight fork oil per leg should work.

Jon

"Im 13 and half stone"

I'm sure that some readers in the U.S. thought you were a very young teen bragging about smoking dope. :thumbup:

For readers on this side of the pond, a "stone" is the same as U.S. 14 lbs and at about 189 lbs body weight,, I would think that 315cc's of 5-weight fork oil per leg should work.

Jon

And for us Europeans that doesnt live on the island where they drive at the wrong side of the road. None of us understand a **** about stones or lbs`s.. :crying:

-Jan

Edited by JanDyb

And for us Europeans that doesnt live on the island where they drive at the wrong side of the road. None of us understand a **** about stones or lbs`s.. :thumbup:

-Jan

Hi Jan,

Yea, I forgot to convert it into 85.72896 kilograms for people that drive on the same side as we do (well, most of us anyway).........:crying:

Course, that's advp pounds and not troy pounds......darn, now I'm confused.....

Jon

C'mon Jon,

Now you got me thinking, advp pounds?? - ok I know it is pounds mass but advp I don't know, how about an explanation.

From another Island where we drive on the "wrong" side but use Kilos.

Bye, PeterB.

• 8 months later...