Insurance-which Company?

tordijarres

you can get insurance for the road but it will exclude taking part in competitions - ie between groups of sections (via the public highway) - the acu sell 1 day (and 2 day and on request under 21) insurance to top up your existing insurance for that

hope that makes sense

rabie ;)

I wound up insuring my bike through Carol Nash.None of the other Irriots had ever heard of Fantic Motor.They initially insured it as though it was going to be a Q plate(in the end I got an age related plate),but at least they were prepared to insure the bike,unlike all the others.Tossers.

Easy now,

Spencey ;)

Thanks for all the replies. However, when it is stated that the companies won't insure us for riding between sections (and that is the only time my bike will be on the road!) what is the point exactly? Would this contravene the requirements for being "road-legal"? How do people manage at the SSDT? What if you run into someone and they decide to sue you for injuries/never playing the piano again etc? Sounds really dodgy to me.

I think its only recently that insurance companys have included this clause, although I'm not sure. ;)

I would imagine it is included becasue of the timed aspect of such trials. If you need to make up time you are going to ride just that little bit faster on the road and therefore increase the likelihood of an accident. :lol:

I think I'm right in saying that clubs running road trials HAVE TO provide this insurance option.

Spence, you don't qualify because of Requirement 4 :lol:

We decided last time - If you get rid of the camelback and carry your water in Sainsbury's bags hanging off the handlebars, you can always deny all knowledge of the trial and say you're out shopping.

One word of warning though - drink equal amounts from each side of the handlebar or the balance goes t1ts up. ;)