I've Just Joined The Evo Clan, What Do I Need To Do?

ticket2ride

Alright,

Well, after not much consideration and a week of re-reading the TMX.....I've just bought in......first bike back in a fair few years, and against mine and the bank managers best plans, the notion of a 2008 Rev 3 got smoked after trying back to back with an Evo!

Interestingly, I was loosely considering a 125 for something a bit different.....and after trying an Evo 125 I was sold......mega little bike that seemed to find some low down grunt in 4th!!! At

Ooh!..you lucky guy!

I'm hoping to upgrade Beta-wise soon...from my old Rev3.

Please let us know how you get on with the 125 since I've been thinking about that for a few years now. I'm assuming you're an adult?...what weight are you? I've seen a few older guys riding the 125 and they all seem to still ride better than me, so I'm sure it would be enough for me.

I'm about 150 pounds.

ENJOY...the Evo looks like a great bike to me.

Become friendly with an electrician and a fireman :thumbup:

The evo hasn't had any electrical problems has it? Never seen one catch fire either. Certainly the fuel spillage doesn't happen with a re route of the breather which has been done on the later bikes I believe.

Click

Hi welcome to the Evo world,

The web site above has info on the seat vents that need to be blocked (silicon from underside or decal from above). Info is 3/4 down on the front page.

Hope you enjoy your evo as much as I do. I can not fault it.

John. :thumbup:

Edited by JFC

The evo hasn't had any electrical problems has it?

I'd hope that by now they'd found a new supplier for their stators. If they're still using the same stock I'd expect the same trouble.

Fires? Well one (Rev3) is enough to establish a notoriety. Remember that poor Dutch bloke in the SSDT in the late '70's? He singlehandedly gave Montesa 348's the same reputation.

I'd hope that by now they'd found a new supplier for their stators. If they're still using the same stock I'd expect the same trouble.

Fires? Well one (Rev3) is enough to establish a notoriety. Remember that poor Dutch bloke in the SSDT in the late '70's? He singlehandedly gave Montesa 348's the same reputation.

Like this ???????

Is this the Dutch bloke you're on about?

even though he changed sports he still had a reputation :thumbup:

I think the air-holes you are on about are supposed to be blocked up with asbestos not sealant :crying:

Right so you weren't refering to the evo's at all!!!!!!!!!!

hi i got the 250, make sure you lock tight the air box, back two mud guard and the rear sub frame bolts up or they will shake loose and come out trust me!!!!!

Just keep a eye on all the bolts at first, I check the whole bike after a trial after loosing several lol

I have changed the seals on mine after the bike was 2 months old they were shot, nut its a easy job to do.

keep a eye on the rear brake too i had my master cylinder replaced under warranty only last week, the brake went realy dull i changed the pads n seals but no good, its fine now though.

hope it goes well :thumbup: