2010 Sherco Pictures

billycraig

At the 2007 scott trial, there was a lad on a 4rt with the fuel tank under the seat and air box where the tank should be.His bike was also in the TMX, anyone know his name?

Matt Chambers I think

he used to ride a heavily modified tiger cub with a hydraulic clutch

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it was about time Sherco had six gears? Dont get me wrong, i think the current bike is great, but with everyone else gone six speed, it seems like a worthwhile development. With first being very small, 5th a road gear and 4th kind of tall for anything other than riding moors. Sometimes it feels like a slight disadvantage? Dropping 2 teeth of the rear of my 2007 290 has made it much betterbut i still find myself looking for another gear sometimes. Any thoughts?

I would have thought it was about time Sherco had six gears? Dont get me wrong, i think the current bike is great, but with everyone else gone six speed, it seems like a worthwhile development. With first being very small, 5th a road gear and 4th kind of tall for anything other than riding moors. Sometimes it feels like a slight disadvantage? Dropping 2 teeth of the rear of my 2007 290 has made it much betterbut i still find myself looking for another gear sometimes. Any thoughts?

I totally agree with you on that one. Having only a 5 speed is really the only fault I can find with my Sherco.

Not that I would totally disagree, yet at the same time do I really want the added complexity/weight? Over time the bikes have changed, and to be honest I have little problem pulling gear 4 on the loop in the wood in most situations on the 2.9. Seemed the earlier bikes had less down low to carry the gear at lower revs, so I did drop two teeth on the rear to make things more usable, then seldome used first gear.

As we do not run road trials, gearing up 2 teeth has not been needed, yet I realize it would require first in most sections, where I normally use 2nd as an average.

All things have their tradeoff, yet much depends upon your terrain as well, length and speed of loops.

Having been a sound runner for this long in that department, not really sure if they are ever going to re-design the wheels here. :huh:

Whats the mont got now days. I know the 315 was a 5 speed but whats the 4rt.

There is about one section a year that I think it would be nice to have a 4th gear that is more usable in the sections (usually in the colmore) but I nearly always get through it without a problem in 3rd just reving it slightly more, 3rd on the sherco is higher than the gasgas and the beta, so probably more like a 3rd and a half.

So I don't think it needs one, the gearbox is the main reason I wouldn't ride a certain make of bike, so as cope says it not worth the extra complexity.