My Trials Video, Vancouver Island Bc Canada

joostio

this is my first attempt at a video since the 80's with my dads camera. I was given a video camera by my brother and brought it out on a few rides. We mainly trail ride here with some play time on favorite obstacles. our riding area is HUGE and the terrain varries from forest and dirt to rocks and cliffs. Hope you enjoy, more videos in the future.

I had to split the video

part 1

http://www.vimeo.com/5990612

part 2

Edited by joostio

no, I did not make the ramps. thats what mountain bikers are for! Some trials riders here have made trails, others help out on trail days with the pedalers but not me. I am a volunteer firefighter, I don't give up my sundays to work, for me thats riding day.

quite the opposite infact, we have a good relationship with the mountain bikers here, we always stop, shut down, chat and let them by. Many of the trails mountain bikers enjoy have been built by trials riders. Some of the guys in our group go out on trail maintenance days with the mountain bikers too ( I don't as I already do my share of volunteer work). One of the main builders of the stunts builds them with the intention of supporting our trials bikes. We have a great thing going here! a handful of trials riders and loads of killer terrain.

......man, watching that footage depresses me!!

I'm not long back in the UK after living in Whistler for 4 years......never got around to sorting out a trials bike over there (seemed to be really expensive...US duties I imagine)but a lot of the natural stuff around Squamish that we used to mtb guide on was cut by the local trials guys.....some amazing natural rock steps on the way up to the chief!!....the trials guys were certainly useful for cutting steep freeride stuff for us!!!

I lived in whistler too for a bit (living the dream) and i had my bike up there for 2 months, was great. I rode around cougar mountain a lot. I here squamish is unreal for riding but I have yet to get there, aswell as Powel river. one day if I ever get bored.

quite the opposite infact, we have a good relationship with the mountain bikers here, we always stop, shut down, chat and let them by. Many of the trails mountain bikers enjoy have been built by trials riders. Some of the guys in our group go out on trail maintenance days with the mountain bikers too ( I don't as I already do my share of volunteer work). One of the main builders of the stunts builds them with the intention of supporting our trials bikes. We have a great thing going here! a handful of trials riders and loads of killer terrain.

Thats good!

Hey guys...

I live in Nelson BC and do the same kind of riding. I used to have a GG280, but found it overheated fast on FSR climbs... like within a few km kind of thing! I noticed you guys are on Shercos, how do they hold up when riding in 5th or 6th? I loved the GG on the trials, felt just like my Banshee with Monster T's :lol: plus nuclear power! Let me know what you guys think.

PS. I've never had any problems with MTB or hikers here... they are always too stoked and asking too many questions about how the bike works and how it possibly got there, not to mention why it's so quiet and doesn't wreck the trail!

I'm the only sherco in a Gas gas world it seems. there are a few betas too and even some scorpas but mainly gas gas. I don't have any issues in higher gears as I never really get to use them, there are enough trails here you go up single track and then down another trail. I hate road riding. 30 degrees is really hot around here too, ussualy closer to 22-24, this might help reduece overheating.