Txt270 Head Bearings

scotty97

I was refitting the forks on my 99 model txt270 and i thought i'd grease up the head bearings and that, been as forks were already off. i noticed the bearings were a bit sh*ty. just wondering if anyone new the part numbers of the head bearings i need for my bike. i know they sell them on fleabay but i'v got hundreds of bearings in work so i just need the part numbers and i can cross reference them then.

Ok I'l try and measure them, to be honest i was hoping some one would know the part numbers cos i've built the front end of the bike back and didnt really want to take it back apart until i had the new bearings. is there any other info u'd need cos the bottom head bearing is a tapered bearing????/

Hi scotty,

These are not the same as the PRO head stock bearings, they are taper roller but a smaller size than the PRO. Look for an equivalent to HIC LM117 49/10.

Pack with a water proof grease like Mobil HP or similar.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi Pete

I cross referenced that part number and found some bearings

Dimensions are Internal 17.462mm External 39.878mm and width 13.843mm

Does this sound right???? the shaft seemed bigger than 17mm but i cant really remember.