Rear Tyre Inflation

jonathan collier

HAM 2

given I have two beaders in the Baldilocks garage and a compressor its probably quicker to drive over here.

I would prefer you to p--s about with a strap first just for my entertainment however and then I 'll do it in 5 mins with the proper kit !

happy new year mate

I might go the whole hog for entertainment and come to yours with the can of damp start....have you got any ear plugs B) ...Happy New Year

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And exactly why do you need a new tire to do that? B)

Err..it took so long to break the bead that it snowed in the meantime so...yes, I wish I'd left the old tyre on in the first place...if I had a spare 1/2 hour I reckon it would be sorted.

Had friends and relatives over the hols and all I could think of was:-'I wish this lot would bugger off so I could go in the garage!'

Nearly had it seated this morning just before I had to leave it to go out...it's a teaser!

01:00 now, do you think anyone would wake up if I started the compressor?

Err..it took so long to break the bead that it snowed in the meantime so...yes, I wish I'd left the old tyre on in the first place...if I had a spare 1/2 hour I reckon it would be sorted.

Had friends and relatives over the hols and all I could think of was:-'I wish this lot would bugger off so I could go in the garage!'

Nearly had it seated this morning just before I had to leave it to go out...it's a teaser!

01:00 now, do you think anyone would wake up if I started the compressor?

Uh, thanks for the reminder to un-plug the compressor!

Oh, btw, if you need a bead breaker in a pinch, you can put a board under the bottom of the rim and use a small whatever you call it duckbill shovel! Works a treat! :lol:

Hey Cope,I thought you would like the red-neck method I once tried using my brothers pick-up....Works!

Actually that does work quite well, as I have used it in the past.

Need to get the lengths about right and vary's with the car or truck, but lots of leverage! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mention it was a Vee..it's not vee good.

Had it down to 1or2 psi to get anywhere.

Wasn't worth the effort after all...doesn't grip as well as a worn Mich.

The tyre walls are rigid,it makes things pretty numb as far as feeeling for grip goes (makes the bars waggle as well!).

When I go to launch it has about a split second pause until it finds some grip,by then it's caught me out.

It's early days I suppose,I might get used to it. :o

Edited by HAM2

• 4 weeks later...
Did I mention it was a Vee..it's not vee good.

Had it down to 1or2 psi to get anywhere.

Wasn't worth the effort after all...doesn't grip as well as a worn Mich.

The tyre walls are rigid,it makes things pretty numb as far as feeeling for grip goes (makes the bars waggle as well!).

When I go to launch it has about a split second pause until it finds some grip,by then it's caught me out.

It's early days I suppose,I might get used to it. :chairfall:

Hamdeux

Got a pair of Vee tyres on sale or return, still think they aren't worth putting on ?

Ross