The New Haul

sunny

Here are a few shots of the recently aquired Bultaco's.

Matador Mk 3 M70

Sherpa T M159

aug29001.jpg

aug30001Medium.jpg

aug29004.jpg

aug29006.jpg

These are literally basket cases both bike have engines pulled and in multiple boxes. I just started to sort out the boxes and try to figure what goes with what.

It also came with an old engine serial number M 400... D

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike

After getting the stuff home the next day and unloading it I found that the matador is actually very complete. I have the all the parts required to finish it accept the head pipe and triangular rear pipe. These are both easy to come by. Interestingly the wiring harness on the matador is completely original and intact. Nobody ever hacked it up or changed it. This is a huge bonus for me because I can copy it for my other matador. I have the wiring diagram but it can be hard to follow, now that I have the original it makes it much easier. The engine is in good shape. I'll put a new piston, bearings, gaskets and it will be fine. I checked and the original electronic ignition is also still working which is another huge bonus. All in all I am very happy with the purchase. I think I will use it to commute to work next year. Also I put the bike in my name so the paperwork was a bonus also. So there you have it. Was great to meet you and I hope you finish that M159 soon. Give me a shout anytime if you need anything. I mentioned getting you the service manual but it slipped my mind a few weeks ago so I will send you a copy.

Talk soon

Steve

Great News. It was too much of a project for me. Glad it made its way in to the hands of the right person. The guy I bought it from was going to junk it.

I ordered a set of rings and the clutch thrust bearing so that will complete the engine on the 159. I also made up a brake rod out of 1/4 inch aluminum round stock and made a barrel bolt out of steel round stock. Tapped and threaded the works and it works well. Really just need fenders, a seat, and a set of trials bars.

Mike