Pedalling For Lochaber Mountain Rescue!

highland lassie

Some of you will remember all my gurning last year when I cycled from Glasgow to Edinburgh for charity....well, I can't have gurned enough, because this year we've got an SSDT squad doing the same thing!

Mark Whitham (Clerk of the Course), Davy Robinson and Ian Boyd (Assistant Clerks of the Course, aka The Beardies) and myself are taking up the challenge once again, and along with some companions that we've bribed to join us, we're cycling from Glasgow to Edinburgh on Sunday 13th September as part of the Pedal For Scotland fundraising extravaganza. As many of you will know, the SSDT regularly has to call on the services of the Lochaber Mountain Rescue squad to help us out when injuries are picked up out in the hill, so this year we've decided to raise funds for them as a small thank you for the incredible work that they do.

If any of you would like to sponsor us, you can either donate through our Just Giving page or you can contact us at the SSDT Office - all support will be hugely appreciated, both by ourselves and the Lochaber Mountain Rescue squad.

Many thanks...and wish us luck because methinks we're going to need it!

Mairi, I do not want to seem offensive here , although I would like to know better whom I would be sponsoring in such an event. Although you and I have both been round here for years now, I can safely say most of us have no idea what you look like(other than raga's butt)! There was some roumour that John caught the brief glimpse in the SSDT movie! Is that really you?

I think we need a good pic of you on the bike! surely there are some from last year! I want to send my pittance, and I think others would too! Be proud!

Let's promote this in a reasonable mannre and even take it off the SSDT chat page to the forefront for others, yes, I know there is a front page article that noone can respond to, so lets move it up to General or something so that peeps can actually respond to you and you can respond back!

As all of us are hit with donation stuff all the time, a personal toutch and welcome can make a difference. Put up the entire team! You are the key person it seems, make it hapen for all to admire!

M2C :D

Copey, It's on the front page already mate....... I'll have a dig, I may have a pic of the "belle dame" herself, mind you I might end up dead if I post it.... :lol:

Just a quick note to say a huge thank you to those of you who have sponsored us already, and to those of you who have made pledges once we all complete the cycle.....the latter are obviously wise enough to know that my lack of practise may mean that their money is safe!! The Lochaber Mountain Rescue team have also been in touch with us to show their appreciation, so your support hasn't gone unnoticed.

Spare a thought for us all on Sunday - the weather here is lovely just now, which probably means it'll be gale-force winds by the time the big day arrives! I'll let you know how it goes at some point on Monday, once I manage to crawl out of my bed!

Oh and Copey, we prefer to work incognito here in SSDT world - makes life far easier when the ballot abuse starts up each year! Plus I'd prefer that folk donated because they wanted to help the Mountain Rescue team rather than because they wanted to keep tabs on who we are, so for now you'll have to cope without knowing. :rolleyes:

Oh and Copey, we prefer to work incognito here in SSDT world - makes life far easier when the ballot abuse starts up each year! Plus I'd prefer that folk donated because they wanted to help the Mountain Rescue team rather than because they wanted to keep tabs on who we are, so for now you'll have to cope without knowing. :)

Yes, well Mairi, you have already extended beyond that scope with your request for donations. No longer a SSDT issue! We mostly already know anyway!

I actually went to the site tonight, fully prepared to give me pittance in your honor alone, yet it was down for maintenance!!

Oh well, you got a good one of her backside in the bike, Donald? May become my new avitar! I may just offer a tenner for one who can get it!

All incognito, of course!!!!!

:huh:

I did mate, paid up money too!

Big John

I will reimburse you if you can get me that piccy, John! mmm!

Slip of the camera, round o'pints!

If you dare!

The site was up today, so I did mine too! Best to them!

Gotta get someone out there to witness !

Thank you Mr Cope, and Mr Moffat, and everyone else who supported us! Believe it or not...WE DID IT!!

Copemech, I'm afraid there's no pics, seeing as we all had to start at different times due to transportation issues (ggggrrrrrrrr...!!!) but we all had a good run - and it was even sunny all day! Beardie Boys Davy and Ian set off at half seven and had a jolly day by all accounts, Mark and his crew set off about half eight, and my lot finally got to the start line after 9am, by which time I was ready to go back to my bed, having been up for six hours already!

The lads flew through, and despite my complete lack of preparation, I took only eight minutes longer than last year, so I was quite chuffed with that. My husband wasn't quite so happy though, having finished nearly three hours before us...he had to wait at the finish line to get into the car!!

A massive THANK YOU to everyone who supported us, and to those that haven't, www.justgiving.co.uk/SSDT is still accepting donations and we're still well short of our target, so feel free to contribute and support Lochaber Mountain Rescue - you never know, it might be you stuck out there in May waiting for them to come and rescue you!