Has Trials Reached The "concorde Moment"

dabber

If only people would think about what they require out of a bike before they buy the bike

Well, I require/need: -

1) An element of 'indestructibility' in a bike

2) A local, friendly dealer that knows their stuff

3) Something that feels right to ride straight away.

This narrows my choice down to the Beta and Montesa as both bikes meet 1) and 2) easily. Both are well built and can take the punishment when bounced off rocks left, right and centre. Trouble is, I can't get comfy on the Mont for some reason. Maybe I need to borrow one for a full day, maybe a new 4 stroker :D

I haven't typed this up just to p*** off the folk that own, Shercos, Gassers, Scorpas etc. I've had a Sherco and know from personal experience that they bend if dropped hard enough. Gassers are very popular but if I owned one, I'd need to learn how to ride over rocks rather than through them :(

Edited by Kinell

Boyd is right, it's 99% the rider. People are always saying the Scorpa 4T is gutless and doesn't have enough power. Maybe they didn't see Crosser at the '03 Scottish going up the step at Trotters from a virtual standstill, hopping up the last 4 feet on the back wheel.

As Ishy said some time ago, the difference between the Clubmen and the Pro's is the Clubbies are on the bike more at a trial than practice, the Pro's are practicing more than trialling

I've had a Sherco and know from personal experience that they bend if dropped hard enough.

You obviously value your health more than your wallet. You're supposed to get yourself under the bike as it falls.

That's how I got this ugly, what's your excuse???

:(

Come to think of it there might be a fair bit of truth to that. In a full year I've broken one front brake lever and that's it. And that was some t1t knocking it over while parked up.

I think were still going forward, but not with a huge step, more like a small hop. I will never be able to ride a bike with a computer because computers always seem to go wrong when I use them. BUT the all new bikes coming out means that people will be ridding themselves of the 'useless' two strokes for silly money so they can keep up with Mr Jones next door, meaning young'uns like myself have a good lot of bikes to choose from, not expensive and still up-to-date"!

Having said that when I upgrade from 125 will probably go for a Sherco again as the old man knows his way around them now.

Not managed to break it yet though not for lack of trying! (then again i've not come off for a long time-touch wood. . .)

Just my tuppence worth.

Pete.

I attended the TW test day last week. Had ample time to ride the Beta's and Sherco's. I was impressed by both in different ways however i could not ride either of them as easily as i can a Gas Gas. I have an 02 Gas Gas Pro 250. Today i was very kindly loaned an 05 Gas Gas pro 250 by White Bros. where i buy my bikes from.I took the bike to my local practice area and i could not believe the difference in this years model to my 02. Little by little improvements have been made but the end result is significant.

The tapered bars are fantastic, very comfortable and whilst riding up and down a very rocky stream for 10 to 15 minutes i felt less fatigue in my arms and wrists than normal. The longer front pipe makes a huge difference in power delivery as well as sounding lovely and the front forks are in my opinion the best out there.The details around the carb mounting and air filter housing design are all brilliant little details. Repositioning the rear brake fluid reservoir to help refit air filter housings again is a huge leap forward.

I think we may be moving forward faster than we think.