Cutting Out

thomastomsk

my sy 250 starts second kick,no problems,but sometimes after a while it cuts out ,then starts first time and after awhile same again and so on,i have cleaned the tank freesh fuel,my mixture is 70ml to 5ltr,and the mixer screw on the carb is set at two and harf turns out from fully in, and i fitted a new spark plug and air filter ,anybody got any ideas.thanks tom

Edited by thomastomsk

here's how I did it...in order i think. Remove:

1. fender

2. tank

3. sub frame

4. airbox

5. muffler

6. expansion chamber

7. header

Seems a bit much...but its tight in there. Remeber to take pics as i had to remove some of the electrics and master cyclinder....and had to fiddle to get it all right.

Bit left field but I had the same problem on my 04 SY 250 and stripped the carb etc, etc (and it was a bugger as really tight in there) and after all this it was my spark plug cap! When I replaced the cap all was fine. What had happened was that with the tight space up under the tank, the cap regularly get covered in mud and crap which doesn't get removed unless you take tank off when cleaning the bike (as you can't get at the plug cap) this then causes shorting which knackers the cap. I also removed the outer HT sleeve as this was also full of crap inbetween the sleeve and the HT lead. Worth a try. Good luck