Silent Block V's Bushes.

b40rt

My B40 currently has silent block swinging arm bushes. I've felt for a while that the rear suspension has a slightly dead feel to it, and wonder if replacing the bushes with same would improve it. Alternativly, having some bronze (?) bushes made up with grease nipples. Any thoughts / experience ?

Thanks

Ross

Never did like silentbloc bushes. Although they have some inherent springing characteristics they tend to slip a little on the bore and then work against you. Bushes are better IMO but not better than the more modern methods, but you dont have to take my word for it!

Silentbloc's are also bitches to remove!

Wayne....

Just a case of Opinions Martin :rolleyes: I tried 3 different systems on my Bultaco's and know which I personally prefer even if I have a vested interest in what I felt worked the best, but I would not of run with it if I thought it inferior. As for Ross's B40 who knows what will work best.

Wayne....

Never did like silentbloc bushes. Although they have some inherent springing characteristics they tend to slip a little on the bore and then work against you. Bushes are better IMO but not better than the more modern methods, but you dont have to take my word for it!

Silentbloc's are also bitches to remove!

Wayne....

Hi Wayne

Had no major difficulties getting the old bushes out, geting them in was a pure pain in the ar