Glad I Found Ya'll!

bengtphorqs

Hello from North Texas. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead and join the other inmates. This is a really nice website and I'm glad I came across it. This past weekend I picked up an "experienced" Yamaha twin shock TY250 and I'm looking forward to having some fun with it. About 40 years ago I learned how to ride off road and have done some trials before but it's been several decades past. My riding the past 30 years has all been on the highways.

Having said that, excuse me if I ask some simpleminded questions from time to time but I'm willing to learn and this looks like the best forum to do just that.

BengtPhorqs Posted Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Hello from North Texas. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead and join the other inmates. This is a really nice website and I'm glad I came across it. This past weekend I picked up an "experienced" Yamaha twin shock TY250 and I'm looking forward to having some fun with it. About 40 years ago I learned how to ride off road and have done some trials before but it's been several decades past. My riding the past 30 years has all been on the highways.

Having said that, excuse me if I ask some simpleminded questions from time to time but I'm willing to learn and this looks like the best forum to do just that.

As a kid my dad, brother and myself all had TYs of some size or another (80cc to 300cc), them bikes were darn near bullet proof. We beat on them on a regular basis and just could not kill them.

The simple minded questions are the ones that us inmates here can handle the best.......... because we are all simple minded.

"I should have guessed"

Where the heck ya'll at man, north Texas is about the size of---- Scotland! :guinness:

Copemech, you're right about N. Texas being a sizeable chunch of real estate. I live in Bedrock, aka Bedford, right in the heart of the Metromess. Used to ride at Mosier Valley, County Line, and up at Muenster decades ago. Gave up the fast moving stuff when the kids came along but I've always had my heart in the dirt. I'm putting the TY250 in good shape. Mechanically it doesn't need much outside of rings and a new set of shocks. Cosmetically it needs to be stripped down and washed thoroughly. I figure by the first of the year I'll have it where I want it. Any suggestions of who to contact for engine work?

Where abouts are you domiciled?

Copemech, you're right about N. Texas being a sizeable chunch of real estate. I live in Bedrock, aka Bedford, right in the heart of the Metromess. Used to ride at Mosier Valley, County Line, and up at Muenster decades ago. Gave up the fast moving stuff when the kids came along but I've always had my heart in the dirt. I'm putting the TY250 in good shape. Mechanically it doesn't need much outside of rings and a new set of shocks. Cosmetically it needs to be stripped down and washed thoroughly. I figure by the first of the year I'll have it where I want it. Any suggestions of who to contact for engine work?

Where abouts are you domiciled?

Well, I am sorta on the other side ov the local world, in Rowlett! Get your thing running! Most of the NTTA trials are at Muenster, lots of good area there. Great events and vintage class invited! Just ride the easy lines and have some fun!

There is a nice riding area out at Brigeport that many frequent on every Saturday!

And you can go to the NTXtrials.com site to keep up with current events and such. email the admin to get on the mailing list o events and such.

Then there is the southern OK group in Tishomingo, just a stones throw away! Great place to spend a weekend! Camp or motel. :guinness: