Just Won A Txt 280 On E Bay Any Bits To Look Out For When I Go Look At It ?

matt_urban

I won a nice TY Mono on ebay ages ago for a good price but the seller said he'd already sold it before the auction end.....I wasn't happy......even more so when the gezzer was selling said bike again 3 weeks later with a higher reserve on it.

Saying that I've had some real bargains on ebay, bikes and tool etc.

Why shame on him? Sellers have an expectation to fairly represent the item. I clearly list the strenghts first, the list the weaknesses of anything I sell. There's a reason ebay swung so far around to the buyer's side. I'm not happy with it when I sell, but know why this all happened. Shame on the seller first.

I won a nice TY Mono on ebay ages ago for a good price but the seller said he'd already sold it before the auction end.....I wasn't happy......even more so when the gezzer was selling said bike again 3 weeks later with a higher reserve on it.

Saying that I've had some real bargains on ebay, bikes and tool etc.

Were you tempted to bid on it again and then try to get it for the original price?

I did email the guy and he pretty much admitted that he never actually sold the bike in the first place, it didn't quite make the money he wanted for it...hence second time around he upped the reserve.

I was going to report him to ebay but I could be a***d in the end, again, thats ebay for you...out of 250 transactions I've only had two bad ones, not too bad in my book.

Funny enough, I've just gone and bought a 2002 txt 250 edition off my mate, looks like I've got the bug again after a few years lay off !