Best Fork Set Up For A James Captain K7?

opdeweegh1

Ok people I need some advice / expertise.

What would be the best fork set up for a 1959-60 James Captain K7 with a Villiers 32a engine. I have been told that Norton roadholder lower sliders with Ossa stanchions and Bultaco internals are the weapon of choice. What are your opinions?

Is any one doing reproduction Norton roadholder lower sliders? I know Greeves are doing full sets of MP forks, but at a price??

Any advice - telephone number contacts etc would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Paul.

firstly this excercise will cost a few quid no way around that.

what you'll need are a set of yokes, fork legs and a set of sliders. start with the legs , any 35mm legs ( mazzochi if new around 200 quid a pair) ( or a pair of late twin shocks) the length isnt critical but others maight have the detail. for the sliders the norton are the preffered choice but your going to have a long and eventually expensive search per haps cub/ bantam heavy duty might be more readily available?

as for the yokes either a set of twinshock bored for the new legs or a set newly made again another couple of hundred quid

lots of choices but all that will raise even more questions ie what hubs etc etc