4 Stroking On Two Stroke

steve1979

Hi there, last weekend a few of us were out doing a bit of practice doing water trials going up the burns, i forgot to turn the fuel on so after a short while she cut out, turned fuel on and away we went, a short while later when she was revved quickly and let go she made a sort of knocking noise at the end of the revs, the same noise they make when your running out of fuel, she did this once before and i went home and stripped the head of to check the bearings which all checked out fine, put her back together and all was well until it did it again last weekend, there has been a long while between the this time and the last time. What causes this. Is it common just to do it now and again maybe the carb needing cleaned or mixture settings needing tweaked, she did seem to be running rich the last time so i had (slightly altered the fuel mix),

Any simple suggestions for a simple man lol

Cheers, Steve

Wot B40RT said !

''...going up the burns.....'' is this the biggest clue?

What arrangement do you have for the drain in your airbox?..is it sealed?

I'm sure a few Pro owners can tell you what they do or don't do with their airbox?

As Shakespear didn't say: '' To seal or not to seal?...that is the question!

Okay thanks guys, i'll give the carb a good clean and maybe treat her to a new air filter rather than cleaning the old one :thumbup: possibly dirt in the carb as she did this once before when she wasn't near water, mine defiantly makes a significant noise though only when she's near empty and needs reserve, i presumed they all did that.

Thanks for your replys though guys much appreciated ^_^