Sy 250 2007

taylo63

I would like some advise please. My 07 Scorpa has an intermittent running problem. The bike starts and runs fine most of the time but occasionally the engine dies. It sounds like it is a fuel starvation problem ie the bike revs increase,then it will either stall or if I'm lucky continue running if I rev it a bit.

I have had the carb off and cleaned it thorougly, so i'm at a bit of a loss what to check next..Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

If you still have the tank vent tube fitted - check it's not pinched, particularly where its zip tied to the frame tube, or not partially blocked, and check the ball is free in the tank cap - a damn good shaking usually fixes it.

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

i had the same problem a few weeks back,and did what has already been said,but also make sure your fuel mixture is 70ml to every 5ltr and the mixture screw on the carb is 2 and a harf turns out from fully in ,i did this and it runs great and has never cut out since..

i had the same problem a few weeks back,and did what has already been said,but also make sure your fuel mixture is 70ml to every 5ltr and the mixture screw on the carb is 2 and a harf turns out from fully in ,i did this and it runs great and has never cut out since..

hmmmmm..thats interesting, I notice your turning out 2.5 on your 07....have you checked with manual?...my 03 says 1.75 turns out .....must be difference between those years, I know the 07 had major improvements....also, on another note...hows your clutch action ???