74/75 Front Forks

alan_nc

Has anyone ever seen any differences between the specification on the front forks on 74 and 75 TY250s?

Reason I ask: I have an early 74 and a very late 74 (possibly 75) and there seems to be an angle difference between the two bikes (the early bike has a steeper rake - tire nearer frame). I have look carefully at the welds and it doesn't look like anything has been altered, nothing bent. The down tubes and all of the other parts seem to be the same.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

The triple clamp geometry and steering head axis angle relative to the front downtubes are identical on all twinshock TY250 models. If one of your bikes has the wheel closer to the frame tubes than another bike, there is something non-standard about at least one of the bikes.

My first thoughts were that:

Are the fork tubes set to the same height in the clamps?

Are you measuring with both sets of forks extended the same amount?

Alternative theory number 3....one of yours bikes has hit something hard on the front end and has bent the frame. Check the 2 bikes with the tank off and see if there is any arching of the top tube.

Martin

Edited by MartinM

• 5 weeks later...