V-mar Rear Shock Linkage For 4rt

leanin

Do any of you have experience with the V-MAR rear shock linkage for the 4RT? The linkage lifts the rear of the bike and they claim: "This gives you improved 'hop' without sacrificing the excellent rear end traction." If you've tried the linkage, did it work as claimed? Please share your thoughts/experiences with this mod. Thanks

Can't comment on what they are like on a 4rt but I've got them on my 315 and I like them a lot. They've 'perked up' the rear and quickened up the steering a bit at the same time. Also apart from anything else they are quality bits of kit that are a joy to have even before you put them on the bike!

I've got these on Gerty and it does make a difference to the bike, would'nt go back to standard now. Some though don't like the feel so you may have to find out for yourself.

And I really spoilt her with a new H&D bearing less dog bone, that a good bit of kit,

Edited by The Addict

Being fortunate enough to have a CNC mill I made my own ... (it's only a couple of bits of decent ally profiled)..good mod gets bike standing straight and rear end working better.

Hope you copied V Mars!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the great feedback! It sounds very promising.

Chewy, do you still have the dimensions of the one you made? A friend is a CNC machinist and will make me one of these if I supply him the dimensions.

Thanks

I tried them on my 315. Didn't like the way the front-end acted afterwards so pulled them. Thought to try again with the forks dropped halfway down the triple clamp and I like it a lot. Bit more ground clearance fwiw. Was able to back off the spring a bit too - had it cranked up some just to raise the back up.