Week 144 - That Video, Have You Seen It?

Andy

rapley_header_ukwt1.jpg

With the trial that I was planning to ride in cancelled at 9.45am by text message from Katy Sunter, which at least saved me a further ten miles travelling (thanks Katy and what a terrible decision to have to make at such late notice), the alternative was to spend the day chewing the cud with my regular trials companion at his abode.

Whilst we put the world of trials to right, he mentioned the Toni Bou video that is referred to on this site under the general trials talk forum. I hadn

Most riders do like to see some reward for getting though sections which TSR22B doesn't allow.

No, most riders like to see (or ride) a skillfull flowing ride through a section, not go. stop. hop. balance. hop. stop. balance and eventually get to the end!

Any Chance these two opposing rules could printed here so us uninformed can see how they are worded ? I know one allows stops and the other d does not , Just curious of the actual wording of the rules ...

Thanks ,

Glenn

And I don't see anything stopping Bou ... He is simply AMAZING !!!

I had my 13yr old lad watch the Bou video, and asked him what he thought. He thought it was good but not as good as the Danny MacAskill vid in the TC front page story, he also thought there was too much hopping on the back wheel and it got old in the Bou video.

I was surprised at his answer, I wonder if more his age think the same

short answer - we are actually we're talking about 3 methods,

* non stop is TSR 22 B

* stop permitted can be twofold;

** the current TSR 22 A (FIM method)

** last year's TSR 22 A (1 for a stop)

long answer;

See the 2009 ACU handbook - http://www.acu.org.uk/uploaded/documents/A...NDBOOK_2009.pdf (that a 15.7mb PDF)

TSR 22 A (pp199-200)

TSR 22 METHOD OF MARKING

A machine will be deemed to be in an Observed Section or Sub-Section when the front wheel spindle

has passed the

Edited by rabie

:) Thanks Rabie , TSR22B is the only one that makes sense to me though ...

And ISHY , My boys 10 and 13 have both watched it too . And they came away with the comment

" Thats AWESOME ! but whats the point ? " And yeah they both ride twinshocks :D

Glenn

I had my 13yr old lad watch the Bou video, and asked him what he thought. He thought it was good but not as good as the Danny MacAskill vid in the TC front page

Are you on Broadband now Ishy? I bet you had to fair stretch that Narrow pocket to pay for it :)

But to be honest... if the FIM go 'non-stop' then ACU don't have to!!?? So therefore it should stay how it is in my opinion :rotfl: its all the old farts messing it up for us youngsters :rotfl: or people sitting on their ass all day in suits with air conditioned offices who probs don't even know what trials is all about...

Also the FIM didn't even ask the riders for their point of view for god sake!!! - people in suits at desks! :)

But to be honest... if the FIM go 'non-stop' then ACU don't have to!!?? So therefore it should stay how it is in my opinion :rotfl: its all the old farts messing it up for us youngsters :rotfl: or people sitting on their ass all day in suits with air conditioned offices who probs don't even know what trials is all about...

Also the FIM didn't even ask the riders for their point of view for god sake!!! - people in suits at desks! :)

I can't remember the ACU asking the majority of riders what rules they want. If they had I don't think we would be using these naff FIM rules were on now. Sorry about the old farts messing it up for you youngsters!!! Or is it the other way round ;)