Is There / Will There Be A 2010 Mont?

beatabeta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an industry insider. Just a trials rider who is a Montesa enthusiast. The info I posted is specific and detailed, not exactly the type of thing that is just made up. In fact, look at Big Johns post:

"There has been no announcement about the 4RT as a continuing model and if reports are to be believed, there is a stock of some many hundreds of 4RT Montesa at the Spanish factory unsold at this moment in time.

According to many Spanish websites, it would appear that the future of the Montesa factory is in doubt and there have been demonstrations by Montesa employees in Spain in the last week or so.

Hope this answers your question?

Big John "

Amazingly consistent with my info isn't right? But where's the source, the proof? Yet no one calls him a "Sheet Stirrer" , "registered today purely to put Montesa down " "Rumormonger" . No one belittles him. Interesting. So go ahead, write my post off as rubbish, and slam my integrity. I have tried to provide fellow Montesa fans with specific, legit info, albeit not good news, firsthand, from one who just returned from Spain. In the big picture doesn't really matter what gets said here and what gets believed, it's not going to change the situation for Montesa. But if you really refuse to believe things are amiss for our beloved brand, perhaps you're the one who:

"has a friend in the business,who gives me lots of inside information.

He is unique,only I can see him and only I can hear his voice,he is a six foot tall rabbit....sometimes he tells me to KILL!"

Shoot the messenger, bury your heads in the sand, and hold your breath for the new and technologically improved 2010 model, Brilliant!

Unfortunatly the future of montesa is not good-- the spanish factory is now only making plastics and painting-- the trials dept has now been moved to italy ( which is only the race dept) --all contracts are being honered for 2010 but for 2011 who knows!-- there is no more production and around 800 08/09 models left that will be sold this next year , but when there gone thats it!

I have heard from another source that there are no 08 bikes left.

Plenty of 09's though and 10's will probably not appear until the hundreds of 09's have gone.

Sadly the solid info is just that!

Amazingly consistent with my info isn't right? But where's the source, the proof? Yet no one calls him a "Sheet Stirrer" , "registered today purely to put Montesa down " "Rumormonger" . No one belittles him. Interesting. So go ahead, write my post off as rubbish, and slam my integrity. I have tried to provide fellow Montesa fans with specific, legit info, albeit not good news, firsthand, from one who just returned from Spain. In the big picture doesn't really matter what gets said here and what gets believed, it's not going to change the situation for Montesa. But if you really refuse to believe things are amiss for our beloved brand, perhaps you're the one who:

"has a friend in the business,who gives me lots of inside information.

He is unique,only I can see him and only I can hear his voice,he is a six foot tall rabbit....sometimes he tells me to KILL!"

Shoot the messenger, bury your heads in the sand, and hold your breath for the new and technologically improved 2010 model, Brilliant!

Hmmm, are you having a go at me personally, I hope not!

I was merely stating what I had heard "on the grapevine" from several people about the Montesa situation, notice I did state "I believe" I did not say I had a source in the factory or trade, although I do happen to know Miguel Cirrera quite well, but I have not spoken to him since May and I certainly did not discuss any of these matters with him.

I was only replying on TC to an earlier post on what I had heard personally from several independent sources... and I think "Ham2" was having a laugh to be fair!

Never mind, it will all be out in the wash one day no doubt.

Big John

(PS I'm 6 foot tall, but I am not a Rabbit!)

Hmmm, are you having a go at me personally, I hope not!

I was merely stating what I had heard "on the grapevine" from several people about the Montesa situation, notice I did state "I believe" I did not say I had a source in the factory or trade, although I do happen to know Miguel Cirrera quite well, but I have not spoken to him since May and I certainly did not discuss any of these matters with him.

I was only replying on TC to an earlier post on what I had heard personally from several independent sources... and I think "Ham2" was having a laugh to be fair!

Never mind, it will all be out in the wash one day no doubt.

Big John

(PS I'm 6 foot tall, but I am not a Rabbit!)

I think thesolidman was just trying to point out that his info didnt differ greatly from yours John but the reaction he got was a lot different.

I'm not trying to rattle anyones cage here by the way.

I think thesolidman was just trying to point out that his info didnt differ greatly from yours John but the reaction he got was a lot different.

I did actually caveat my post and certainly didn't give the impression that it was completely factual and from a factory source!

I'm not that easily rattled anyway!

Big John

Good 'cos there's a six foot rabbit in it and he's pretty p***ed at the moment :thumbup:

Hey B40RT, if you can see him too you neeeed some of my medication...

Hey Solidman, my source is called Frank, what's yours called?

Edited by HAM2

So.......................if there is a lot of 2009 bikes unsold in crates......................will they be sold off at a more realistic 2010 price and if so by who................?

Honda Belgium (that's where the biggest Honda warehouse and the complete Honda European spares operation is)............so that would make sense

At

Edited by Johnnyboxer

As Jonny says, the Mont is too expensive, especially at this time, the bike has been tried by many over the past 4 years and as the model has'nt changed much from 05. Buyers who could'nt get on with it will not buy it again and people who love it (like me) wont buy a new one as they're to expensive and to reliable to justify a new one at that price. If there are hundereds of 09's in the warehouse Honda need to get these shifted asap, drop the price to 4,500 and get them gone, I would chop mine in for a new one tomorrow at that price and expect quite a few others would as well. Personally at the current price and doubts how long Mont will be going those bikes will gather dust over the next year and Honda will pull the plug which will be a great shame to Trials. Make the 4rt a cheap option for the next three years, keep the production line flowing and get some of the Mont fans back.

What I have noticed over the past years is you either love the Mont or ****ing hate it with a passion, I cant say that about any other bike out there, I've owned gassers/betas/shercos and I cant say I wouldnt buy one of those ever again unlike what alot of people say about the 4rt. This is a huge problem for Montesa as its highly unlikely someone who couldnt get on with them in the past will ever buy one again unless a totally new model comes out (which I cant see happening in the next few years) As Ive said above the 4rt for me is the best trials bike I have ever owned, I would dearly love a new one but the price is way to high, surely it would be better for Honda to cut their losses,shift the bikes and keep the current 09 model going apart from new plastics for the coming years, and sell at an affordable price.

Edited by The Addict

So how do they price the 09s now?

I recall a similar price 'folly' not long after the 4rt was launched in this country, a dealer called (not sure if I can mention him here?)a fruit you make cider from? added to the name for 3 feet???

Anyhow , he was selling off brand new 05s much cheaper than anyone else..somehow..

TheSolidMan1,welcome to Trials Central where you may be questioned------- FURTHER ***IF::: YOU~~~~ POST UP>> A BOLD}}} STATEMENT, it's just how it goes.

Sorry about the weird typing there, I got some bits of carrot stuck in the keyboard.

So how do they price the 09s now?

Montesa 4rt problems

Very limited market (many have tried it,many wont ever go there again)

Too expensive

Too reliable

Poor grip in the slippy stuff

Pretty much same model as 05

Most expensive trials bike on the market (I think)

Apparently huge stocks of unsold bikes

Buyer market very very unsure whether Honda will stop making the bike

No other models

Importer problems

Dealer problems

How many people have noticed a vast decline over the past two years of 4rt's at trials???? what would I do? sell them at 4,500, keep the current model going, there are still people out there who will be more than happy worldwide to buy the 4rt as a good reliable work horse, but not at 6,500 -7,000 quid.

If Honda are to make a big comeback in sales in the future the 4rt needs a very good revamp, sort the grip out and bring out a 2 stroke injection

Edited by The Addict

I have tried to provide fellow Montesa fans with specific, legit info, albeit not good news, firsthand, from one who just returned from Spain.

My guess is that your info came from someone who just visited the Gas Gas Factory.

Edited by for artie