Fort William 2010

bigfoot

In the past TC have managed to arrange a secure camping ground in the main camp site at Hawkstone. These have proved to be good fun and a way to get to meet people you normally only type at. Andy's even managed a marquee in the past where shelter can be sought and videos shown on a big screen.

I dont know if Andy has made any plans for 2010 but if not I thought it was about time we started planning and getting those interested involved. There are some Fort William based TC users so I guess the first thing is to see if anyone can come up with a quarter acre or so of glass field close to the town centre or maybe out at Nevis Range.

Next we need to see the level of interest in joining the summer TC camp.

Come on folks lets get this topic really going and plan for a real blowout event with friends and maybe Dabster too.

In the past TC have managed to arrange a secure camping ground in the main camp site at Hawkstone. These have proved to be good fun and a way to get to meet people you normally only type at. Andy's even managed a marquee in the past where shelter can be sought and videos shown on a big screen.

I dont know if Andy has made any plans for 2010 but if not I thought it was about time we started planning and getting those interested involved. There are some Fort William based TC users so I guess the first thing is to see if anyone can come up with a quarter acre or so of glass field close to the town centre or maybe out at Nevis Range.

Come on folks lets get this topic really going and plan for a real blowout event with friends and maybe Dabster too.

sounds good to me, already ordered my tickets

I have been known to camp but that was a 20' air con mobile home. If theres a screen and some beer I'll be there as long as I can get a cab back to my hotel. There again the evo has lights at the mo........

As discussed last night mate, I think we have to. How good a chance is this to miss on our home turf (so's to speak).

Count us in mate

I'll even find some way of concocting some of Copey's cactus juice!! Switch off them Chrimbo lights mate save the money and come and join us.

As discussed last night mate, I think we have to. How good a chance is this to miss on our home turf (so's to speak).

Oh aye! You two been plotting this then?! :) Buggers - I was quietly hoping nobody had picked up on it and now it's been posted Jake has picked up on it too and offered his support. Doesn't look like I have any bleedin' choice! I'm presuming the two plotters are volunteering to help with setup and clear-up! :rotfl:

I'm happy to run with it, but it's a LOT of work so will need some help and have two concerns

1) Weather, but then it poured down at Hawkstone in 07 and it didn't stop us.

2) Bloody midgies! Bonfire perhaps?

Anyway, it prompted me to look back at my old photos. Can't find the ones from 06. Must be burned off onto DVD, but from humble beginnings in 05...

post-20-1259882790.jpg

post-20-1259882802.jpg

post-20-1259882827.jpg

post-20-1259882847.jpg

The setup was pretty impressive by 2007!

post-20-1259882898.jpg

post-20-1259882906.jpg

post-20-1259882919.jpg

post-20-1259882927.jpg

(The Tesco Value Lager was bought as a joke!)

post-20-1259882936.jpg

I cant speak for Donald but you know I've always been there to set things up and help take it down. I'm sure any local(ish) guys will happily do the same and let the distant traveller make thier way home.

Unfortunately due to work, I never made Hawkestone BUT in this case damn right I will, as will the memsahib (haven't told her yet mind!!) Leave is booked, not got the tickets yet but, that's not a big issue. What do we need to do??

1. Organise Kerry-oot

2. Sort out Cactus Juice....

3. Clean Camera and charge batteries

4. Remind woman to get some food, sort out tent and the rest of the camping gear, pack gear for the weekend, make sure she programmes her satnav...sorted!!

Justin, Copey you know the dates boys..... :)

Sorry, I am busy!

Trying to figure out just how to to accomodate the daughters tuition into the budget!

It only amounts to a trip to Scotland, each month!

Frigin crazy!

Not that I mind sending a pittance, a case of them Tesco pints, or a McDonalds gift card to buy a sausage biscut for those found on the floor in the morning! :)

Mc Donald is a Scott is he not?

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...