Trialscross Vegas

no jive

So I rode my first Trialscross in Vegas. Man what a work out.

Here comes a bunch of whinning. The sad part was I really worked out for this. I have gone to Endurocross for the last 3 years and sat in the stands yelling GO AROUND, PASS HIM, GO GO GO and several other comments. Let me tell you I was exhausted after the qualifer. My forearms were stiff as a rock, my mouth as dry as a cotton ball. But im ready to do it again next year. This event was much harder than I thought. I have no idea how you could ride a motocross bike around the course.

The sad part is I made the main event and did not know it. So I missed riding the main event.

Here is a Video. Im the one who got the hole shot, it then goes down hill from there for me. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Edited by No Jive

So I rode my first Trialscross in Vegas. Man what a work out.

Here comes a bunch of whinning. The sad part was I really worked out for this. I have gone to Endurocross for the last 3 years and sat in the stands yelling GO AROUND, PASS HIM, GO GO GO and several other comments. Let me tell you I was exhausted after the qualifer. My forearms were stiff as a rock, my mouth as dry as a cotton ball. But im ready to do it again next year. This event was much harder than I thought. I have no idea how you could ride a motocross bike around the course.

The sad part is I made the main event and did not know it. So I missed riding the main event.

Here is a Video. Im the one who got the hole shot, it then goes down hill from there for me. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Very cool!

That track looks nasty and I can see how it would sap your energy quick. The indoor tracks always look a lot easier from the stands but it is so different when you're down in the middle of it. Good job.

Jon

ps. Green makes your butt look fat..........:thumbup:

ps. Green makes your butt look fat..........:thumbup:

I asked my wife and she said I look skinny in the green. By the way that is OSSA green. I was looking for a ride. They have not called me.

It's OK you guys can rip one me. My friends have given me crap. It is a good idea to ride this event and have all your friends there and then get spanked.

1. Who tied the anchor to your bike?

2. The throttle is on the right

3. Take your foot off the brake and several others that cant be repeated.

I think you did great. Racing is a total mind shift from riding and takes a few tries (or for me it took many!) to really get wired in. Can you imagine if Sheffield IWTC round is run the same way...Bou, Raga, Fuji, Dougie, Jeroni et al line up at the beginning of section 1...the gate drops...six simultaneous splatters on the first big step. Dougie block passes Jeroni (his teammate! argh!) as they drop off the waterfall. But, it's Bou out front, until Fuji leaps across those toadstools and puts him into the drink...oh the carnage!

Mike

What FUN!! We have time trials in our area .similar thing fixed course (natural terrain) and ride flat out for an hour ..we used to do them as part of "training " for the Scottish. Theres a thougt wouldn't this make a great evening sideshow for the scottish.... lot of work to set out though!!

Are all trialscross races like this where the first couple of laps are fast then gets slower and slower? I'm sure it's because of fatigue. I have a trialscross loop at my riding area and after a couple of laps I'm pooped and have to stop. Toward the end it looks like the riders are just hanging on and trying not to crash.

There are a couple of studies showing that MX riders are the best athletes in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motocross#Physical_demands

So Endurocross might be the most physically demanding sport in the world!

Most turtles are green in color so I would say the riding gear was appropriate....... Sorry, I couldn't resist. I was suppose to ride the Guthrie, OK trialscross but the UTE Cup saved me. Lucky for me.... that would've been embarrasing. I think you rode pretty darn good Clive, I'll keep rootin' for ya!

Most turtles are green in color so I would say the riding gear was appropriate....... Sorry, I couldn't resist. I was suppose to ride the Guthrie, OK trialscross but the UTE Cup saved me. Lucky for me.... that would've been embarrasing. I think you rode pretty darn good Clive, I'll keep rootin' for ya!

H'mmm, RunnerUp! 2 total posts! Obviously you don't get out much!

You notice I did not say anything bad about Clive, (although I did repeat his buddy) other than the GREEN thing!

I'm glad to see him out riding! I really do wish we had Gernhart in that race! I think the "No Jive Little Ball of Hate" could take him!

That stuff is just an ass kicking!

How's the F&*%ing Montesa, Dave! Miss you guys! :D

I liked that quote "Hey Clive, you just got passed by a girl!" :D

Hey Copey I did not even notice I got passed by Christy. None of my friends even brought that up :biggrinsanta: But I have to say that Christy is an awesome rider. Very smooth. Of course she told me she has hardly ridden is several months. I hate it when someone beats you and then they say by the way I have not ridden in the longest time.

Copey next you can bring up the kid on the YZ 80 passing me.

Dont give Runnerup (Dave Black) a hard time. He has to run everything by his Wife and Mom before he can post :rotfl: . 2 posts since 2005. I guess his Wife was out of town and he is living on the wild side.

Zippy I ran a smaller rear sprocket that Cody gave me, that V Mar racing made for him. I basically stayed in third. I must have been too scared to go to 4th gear. Next year maybe I can man up

Edited by No Jive

:D

Hey Copey I did not even notice I got passed by Christy. None of my friends even brought that up :kerstsmiley: But I have to say that Christy is an awesome rider. Very smooth. Of course she told me she has hardly ridden is several months. I hate it when someone beats you and then they say by the way I have not ridden in the longest time.

Copey next you can bring up the kid on the YZ 80 passing me.

Dont give Runnerup (Dave Black) a hard time. He has to run everything by his Wife and Mom before he can post :biggrinsanta: . 2 posts since 2005. I guess his Wife was out of town and he is living on the wild side.

Zippy I ran a smaller rear sprocket that Cody gave me, that V Mar racing made for him. I basically stayed in third. I must have been too scared to go to 4th gear. Next year maybe I can man up

:rotfl: Now that is funny!

Thanks for the info Clive, and Just riding that thing is manning up to the challenge.........................Although 4th would be faster :D But with 4th would you lose some of the low end torque for getting up an obstacle with little or no run at it? So maybe 4th in the longer straights?

Curiosity and the cat ya know.

Thanks for the info Clive, and Just riding that thing is manning up to the challenge.........................Although 4th would be faster :D But with 4th would you lose some of the low end torque for getting up an obstacle with little or no run at it? So maybe 4th in the longer straights?

Curiosity and the cat ya know.

No way you could leave it in 4th on a near standstill turn and then accellerate. 3'rd will work, with a bit of encouragement, but still difficult to go right into the logs and such.

Okay, hold on to your horses, here is post #3 since 2005......

Cope. I guess I spend more time on the bike than on the PC... Since Montesa, I have ridden a Scorpa for 2 years and I am currently on a Gasser. I did break the Montesa out for the UTE cup though, I prefer using the laptop for jetting. I totally agree with your thoughts about the Montesa situation, SAD.

Clive, Mom and the wife had to proof read my last post. That was a YZ 80? Hmm...