Rear Grip / Suspension

jokerr

If your mates big Stu, the fact that he's 17 stone probably has some baring on how quickly the engine revs, and 4psi in the back tyre is equivalent to 2psi for "others"

yes ross it was big stu. but i promise i do have more than 1 mate. however his 17 stone could not stop my bike reving out with 2psi .

Ok quite correct. You can have too much damping. More what i was saying is that slightly slower feeling is better for traction than no damping which is how a lot of blokes let their bike deteriorate too.

Yes chewy is right balance the damping front an back. Bounce on the bike a feel the action front and back. Your bike should feel slightly dampened and not all springy!

83kg is about normal the spring will be fine.

good news men ! after checking the pre load with me on bike does not exceed 1/3 travel ( it does not ) i spun the shock round to the correct position to get at the damper adjuster and found that it was turned fully out ( 4 turns ) so i have put it in half way. it has now lost the springy feel .hopefully this will result in more grip as per your advice. i will let you know how i get on at my next outing. i will keep all other settings as was and flywheel weight out so that i can be objective on the 1 answer i was looking for many thank to all. jokerr.

good news men ! after checking the pre load with me on bike does not exceed 1/3 travel ( it does not ) i spun the shock round to the correct position to get at the damper adjuster and found that it was turned fully out ( 4 turns ) so i have put it in half way. it has now lost the springy feel .hopefully this will result in more grip as per your advice. i will let you know how i get on at my next outing. i will keep all other settings as was and flywheel weight out so that i can be objective on the 1 answer i was looking for many thank to all. jokerr.

were are those flyweight on the EVO 250 . I like on the right side cover and I do not see any.

Thank for the help

were are those flyweight on the EVO 250 . I like on the right side cover and I do not see any.

Thank for the help

like i said they dont all have them. As far as im aware they are moststly supplied on uk bikes due to our lovely riding conditions. it is a large round disk held with 2 countersunk screws. you cant miss it ( if its there ) its the first thing you see when you remove the cover. if your cover is 1 piece then you dont have 1. hope this helps

like i said they dont all have them. As far as im aware they are moststly supplied on uk bikes due to our lovely riding conditions. it is a large round disk held with 2 countersunk screws. you cant miss it ( if its there ) its the first thing you see when you remove the cover. if your cover is 1 piece then you dont have 1. hope this helps

that explain why i can not see them. I do not have any :blink:

Thank you